Part 3 || Adventure Towards Paradise

For the next few days, Kosetsu prepared for his journey towards the paradise. He packed food, water, clothes, wood, a tent, and much more. He then set off for his journey with you and Joaan.

"Misen, my uncle said it's directly south. So that's straight ahead if the house is behind us." he said. "You can't see it in these conditions, but eventually, a big wall-like mountain will appear. Beyond that is paradise!" he said happily. You looked at him and smiled. "I'm sure we'll make it." you said. (By the way, you're unaware that you're immortal.) "Misen, Joaan, we can't even see the ocean anymore!" he said excitedly.

You three walked some more before Kosetsu said, "We've come a long way! It's my first time coming out this far!" he said, while walking. "Well, let's go even further before it gets dark!" You all trudged forward until you spotted something. "Kosetsu there's.. a-a rock over there." he turned to the rock you were looking at. "What is this? It looks like someone left it here on purpose. He wiped the snow off the rock, and there was an arrow painted on this.

"This... it's a message! To people like us... who are searching for that paradise... it says to go this way!" he shouted. You looked confused. "Awesome! This is such a relief! See Joaan, Misen, coming out here was worth it!" you smiled and laughed at him. "Yeah! I'm happy too!" he exclaimed.

Soon night fell, and you found yourselves around Kosetsu's fire. He was cooking fish with seasoning. It wasn't the best food, but you had to eat. "I'd like to eat a different type of meal soon!" he said while pouring some of the soup into your bowl. Ever since from the few days of traveling, your speaking has gotten better. "Yeah me t-too.." you said. "Misen, have you ever tried vegetables? Apparently I've had them before, but I don't remember it at all!" he said. You shook your head. "What are... v-vegetables?" you asked.

"I'm not sure but I bet they're delicious!" Kosetsu exclaimed. "Ooh! And round, sweet fruits! I don't really know what sweet stuff tastes like, so I asked Uncle, but he couldn't really explain." he said. You nodded your head to show that you were listening. "Ahh, I can't wait. It'll be freedom." he said while smiling.

While on your journey you three bumped into more rocks with arrows, and set up your camp, then bumped into more rocks with arrows. You always slept with Kosetsu, it helped you feel safe. This all was basically your routine now. One day while you were traveling, it started to snow. He then pretended that Joaan talked to him, and he said, "It's started to snow. Is that a complaint I hear Joaan? The journey's only just started!" You spotted something, and tugged on Kosetsu's sleeve, pointing towards it. "Ah!" he exclaimed, running over to it. "Look! It's a tree!" he said, looking at the tiny shrub. You ran to keep up with him, again stumbling because you didn't know how to fully run yet. "Amazing! This is proof that we're getting closer to the mountains! We can use some of this as fuel!" he shouted happily.

"Ah, now let's continue!" he said. He saw another thing poking out the snow but when he ran over there, he fell through the ice, falling into the river. "KOSETSU!" you managed to yell. "Ah... haha... I'm fine, don't worry..." he said,  getting up. "Ah, I screwed up." you helped him get up and immediately gave him your shawl. "No no, take this back! You need it!" he insisted. You shook your head. "Agh, my face is freezing! And I'm completely soaked! But it's amazing!! To think there'd be a river here, let's fish!"

He looked Joaan and you. "You guys were smiling just now, weren't you?" he laughed and put his hands on his hips. You knelt down and immediately searched his body for injuries, which made him flustered. You touched his leg and felt something unusual. You pulled away, and your hand was completely red. You looked up at him.

"Damn..." he said, touching his wound. Night fell again, and you all were huddled inside of his tent. You were wrapping a bandage around his wound really tight so it wouldn't bleed out. "A-all... done." you said. You looked up at him again worriedly. "Will you... be o-okay...?" you asked, while you laid down. "It's fine, it's fine! It's just a flesh wound!" he said calmly. He then laid down next to you as well and looked into your eyes. "Sh-should we go... b-back?" you asked. "Hey, don't joke around! I'm not going back." he said, smiling. "I can't do something that uncool, and we still have plenty of food. Let's keep going tomorrow." he said. "The day after tomorrow, and the day after that, I'll keep walking even if you complain! As long as I have strength, I'll use it!" you nodded and smiled. You closed your eyes and you both fell asleep in each other's arms. 

The next day you both walked in the snow, and he was worried you would get a cold, so he gave you an extra jacket. Then he set up his tent again, and you wrapped his leg with another bandage. And you continued on your journey. 

"That's not right, Joaan, Misen. To stop walking because we don't know whether they're all alive is even more foolish." Kosetsu said while walking. "If we return, we'll only rot away with that house. I can't accept that! I will go to where they all have gone! I have nothing else to do but that!" he exclaimed. The snow was so strong you were almost getting blown away, but you kept going.

Just for him.