Part 29 || Well, We're Off.

"What happened, gramps?" Pyoran asked. "Gugu's brother is here." beer gramps said. "Won't you come with me?" Shin asked. "No." Gugu said. "It's true that I was incredibly unlucky to have been abandoned by you. But what I've gained by overcoming that is a miracle! Beer gramps is crazy, but he's a genius who saved my life. Grandma is funny and knows a lot. Rean comes to play with us now and then, she's so nice. Fushi is my irreplaceable little brother. And Misen is my precious kind-hearted little sister. These relations are the property I own! Don't try to take even these away from me." Gugu said.

Shin paused then smiled. "Ah, of course... well, I have work to do. If you're ever in trouble, you can count on me for help! That's the last thing I can offer... to prove that I'm your older brother." Shin said. Gugu had already walked away.

Shin walked into the shop. You, Fushi, and Rean were behind the counters. "W-welcome!" Rean said. "Have you finished speaking already?" beer gramps asked. "Gugu's brother? Would you like to try one of my brews?" beer gramps asked. "No thanks. Sorry if I was too pushy." Shin apologized. He then held out a ring. "I was given this by Gugu. Could you return it to him?" Shin asked. "Hmm. Sure." Beer gramps said, taking the ring. "Thank you. Farewell." Shin said, taking his leave. "What is it? What did you get?" Rean asked, taking the ring. "This... this is!" Rean said, holding it up. She had a flashback of her father giving it to her. She also had a flashback of her giving it to a little boy.

She held the ring in her hand. "I see... it was you all along..." Rean said. "Is everything all right?" beer gramps asked. "Yeah." Rean said. "Hey, can I go give this to Gugu?" Rean asked. "Please do!" beer gramps said. "Gugu! Gugu!" Rean shouted. Gugu was laying on the grass. "Is he sleeping...?" Rean asked. She lifted his hand and struggled to get the ring on. "Agh! Ow!" Gugu grunted. "Rean! What?! What did you do?!" Gugu asked. "Gugu! If you're going to seduce me, now's the time!" Rean said. "Huh...? Why...? What? How? Huh?" Gugu asked, visibly confused. "I'm going to be married off soon!" Rean exclaimed. "What?! Really?!" Gugu asked. "Are you alright with me getting married off to some weirdo?" Rean asked, flustered. "What?! Why are you asking me that?!" Gugu asked.

"Don't you love me?!" Rean shouted. "What?! What's this about?!" Gugu shouted. "But you said it when we came back that day! "The one who loves Rean the most be me, Gugu!"" Rean said. "Did I say something that embarrassing?!" Gugu asked. "I... uh... don't remember..." Gugu said. Rean turned red from head to toe, threw stuff at Gugu, then ran away screaming, "NEXT MONTH IS MY BIRTHDAY PARTY! YOU BETTER COME!" "What was that about...?" Gugu asked. 

"Gone with the alcohol. Drink alcohol and you'll forget a lot of things. Ya screwed up, Gugu." beer gramps said. "But I have good news! It's finally complete! My newest work! The anti-treeman mask!" beer gramps said, placing a mask down that was in the shape of a dragon's head. It looked like it was made out of stone. "Beer gramps! You made this?!" Gugu asked, touching it. "Yeah! Took me nearly a year. I'd known you wanted something like this. Try it on!" Beer gramps insisted. Gugu put it on. "Oh!" Gugu exclaimed. "It's a bit heavy, but the functionality is great! Even without a torch, you can create fire! Try shutting the lid hard!" beer gramps said. Gugu shut the mouth of the mask down hard. "Using the pressure created, it sets fire to gunpowder balls concentrated at the nose!" beer gramps said. Gugu opened the mask and a wave fire came out. "Amazing! You're the best, beer gramps!" Gugu exclaimed. "Take this to that party and you'll get her easily! You'll be the center of attention!" beer gramps said. "Thanks!" Gugu thanked him.

- - -

ON THE DAY OF THE PARTY

"Well, then... let's go Fushi! Tell Misen to get ready quick, too! Don't want to be late!" Gugu shouted. "Misen! Gugu said to get ready quick!" Fushi shouted up. "I'm almost ready!" you said, slipping your dress over your body. You felt something wet again. Uh oh. Did you get your period again? You ran to the bathroom, and pulled your pants down. Yep. Luckily you didn't have to change your clothes since nothing got dirty yet. You quickly put on a pad and left. "Gugu! How about I empty the alcohol just for today?" beer gramps asked. "So you can eat plenty of good food!" beer gramps exclaimed. "No thanks. The enemy might attack at any time. We can't let our guard down for even for a second." Gugu said. You came down the stairs. "I'm here!" you said.

"What took you so long getting ready?" Fushi asked. "Ah... nothing." you said, smiling. Fushi blushed. "Well, we're off." Gugu said. "Wait, Gugu!" beer gramps called, stopping Gugu. "You're really a great kid. We're not blood-related, but I think of you as my own grandson." beer gramps said. "What's with this so suddenly? Disgusting." Gugu commented. "Sorry! But be careful out there!" beer gramps said. "Leaving the shop in your care!" Gugu said. "Here, I don't know how to use it." you said, handing the map to Fushi since you had no idea how to use it, and he looked at it. "Hey, how do you use a map?" Fushi asked. "What are you crying over? They're only away for a day." Pyoran said to beer gramps. "I'm just a little worried seeing them reach that age... makes me so emotional. Why is it that I have to be an old man? I'd be so sad to die first. He's left home and become an adult. He's found a path he loves, and will pursue it. I want to see him live that life." beer gramps said.

"I'd be happy to die once I've seen it in its entirety."