Part 33 || I'm so sorry, Gugu.

Gugu's pain had come to an end. Fushi fell to the floor, taking Gugu's form. The realization hit him. "Ugh... Gah! No..." Fushi screamed in agony. You finally made it to the scene, trying to catch your breath. "Gu... Gugu! I've been looking for you! Where's Fushi and Rean? Please tell me they're okay!" You said to Fushi, who you thought was Gugu. "Misen..." He said, looking up. "Huh?" You asked.

You then saw the bear knocker and gasped. "Gugu! A knocker! Let me take care of this!" You said, changing into your wolf form. You ran up to the knocker, trying to bite pieces of it off. "...Mmph...!" Fushi grunted. He aimed his fire at the knocker. "It looks like it's made of stone, I don't think it'll work!" You said, hard to speak in your wolf form.

"It can't be!" Fushi said, talking about the fact that Gugu was dead. "What?" You asked. The knocker slammed its paws down, sending you both flying. "IT CAN'T BE!" Gugu shouted. "Did something happen to Rean and Fushi? Please, just tell me what's wrong!" You begged shakily. The knocker attacked, so you had to take your attention away and dodge the knocker.Fushi dodged the knocker multiple times repeating, "Gugu isn't dead!" and "He isn't dead!" You were confused since you thought he was Gugu. With one last hit, the knocker sent you both flying into the water. You yelped in pain since a rock also hit you very hard when you went down.

"M... Misen...?" Fushi asked, swimming over to you. "Gugu! You're acting so weird! What are you doing?!" You asked, wincing as your scars healed quickly. The knocker jumped into the water, and was about to punch you both. You both braced yourselves, but the paw immediately broke, and so did the rest of the knocker's body, exposing the core.

"Quick! Get it!" You exclaimed, turning back into your human form. The core quickly got away, and Fushi turned into his regular form. "Gugu, I'm so sorry, I should've gotten it, I-" You started, but your heart dropped when you saw it was Fushi. "Fushi... Were you... Gugu...?" You asked in disbelief. Fushi put his head down, not saying a word. Tears were evident in your eyes, pricking to get out.

"I..." Fushi started. You ran over to hug him. He embraced you in the hug, pulling you close to him. "I... couldn't save him..." Fushi said. "It's escaped. You must chase it. It heads to the west." The black hooded man said. As soon as you and Fushi heard that, you let go of each other. You felt tears picking at your eyes, begging to be let out, but you didn't want Fushi to see you like that. You turned your head away from him.

"Lift this rock!" "Get more people!" "Yes!" Were heard in the distance. Fushi marched over there, going to the spot where Gugu and Rean are. "Here! They're under here!" Fushi waved. You ran over, and so did the other people. "Let's lift this up!" "Let me help." The people said, picking up the stuff that were on Gugu and Rean. You helped them pick it up, and so did Fushi. "Is this alright? A part of you both lies in that escaped core." The black hooded man said. Fushi kept on his serious face, as you were trying to hold in your tears.

You all finally got Rean out safely. The parents of Rean were so relieved. You and Fushi caught the eye contact of Gugu's brother. You looked away quickly, but Fushi's face scrunched up like he was going to cry. Then, Gugu's brother realized what happened. Gugu's brother pushed through the people to look for Gugu, then he saw him. He closed his eyes.

- - -

Gugu was on his brother's back. "Oh, you're up?" Gugu's brother asked. Gugu woke. "Brother?! What are you doing?" Gugu asked. "Can't you see? I'm carrying you." Gugu's brother happily responded. "Yo! Welcome back, Gugu!" Beer gramps yelled out. "Looks like you've healed up!" Beer gramps told Gugu. "All your wounds are gone! You look so nice!" Pioran complimented Gugu's face.

"Huh?" Gugu asked, touching his face. "You're right!" Gugu said excitedly when he realized his face was back to normal. "Wow, Gugu!" Rean exclaimed, running over to Gugu. "Rean!" Gugu exclaimed back. "Come on! You made a promise! Let's go pick flowers together!" Rean said. "Y-Yeah!" Gugu agreed. Gugu was about to go happily, but abruptly stopped smiling. "What? What about the enemy? That big thing? Did we defeat it? What about Fushi and Misen? Where are they?" Gugu asked in a panic. The fake people around him froze as he saw the real Pioran and beer gramps.

- - -

Gugu's spirit was snapped back to reality. Fushi shakily told Pioran and Beer Gramps the news of Gugu's death. "Ah... I see..." Gugu said. (In spirit.) You all went into a hug, and Gugu tried to wrap his arms around you all as a ghost. "I see..." he said again. You burst into tears, crying into the group hug. You choked in between sobs. You tried to stop yourself but you couldn't.

Your brother was gone.