Part 35 || We're Coming With You!

You finally made your way out of Gugu's room, and went into the dining room. "You missed a lot when you were in there." Pioran said, spooning more rice into her mouth. Beer gramps stayed quiet. You rubbed your eyes, sore and swollen from all the crying. "What happened?" You asked, pulling out a chair and sitting down. You pulled a bowl over and filled it with rice, then started to look around. "And where's Fushi?" You asked. Pioran saw your dark circles, eye bags, swollen eyes, glassy eyes, red nose, and red cheecks. Her face face saddened looking at your depressed state. "Rean visited. Fushi took the form of Gugu to trick her. Then he left." Beer gramps said. You put your chopsticks down. "What?" You asked.

Pioran and beer gramps looked at each other. "When Rean visited, Fushi was in his original form, and he couldn't tell Rean about his immortality, or that Gugu was dead. He changed into Gugu's form. He was also planning on leaving, so the knockers could follow him and leave everyone else alone. He told Rean that you needed alone time, so that Rean wouldn't see you in your original form. And he left." Pioran explained. Your eyes widened.

"I'm sorry, Misen. I told him he should've stayed but he insisted." Pioran said sadly. You stood up abruptly. "Misen?" Beer gramps asked. "Why?! Why would he do this to me?! We've been together since the beginning! I don't care, I can face the knockers! He's so- ugh!" You shouted. You felt more tears form in your eyes. "Misen- calm down... We can figure this out." Pioran reassured you. "Sit, let's think of a plan." Beer gramps told you. You sat down, wiping your tears.

- - -

I... couldn't do anything. Gugu... I'm sorry. Fushi thought, looking at the raindrops flowing down his hands. Misen, forgive me. I'm so sorry. Fushi thought, walking forwards. 

It's getting late. Fushi thought after a while."Fushi walked alone. For four days and a half since leaving his family, he walked silently. This is the longest time he has ever been away from Misen. He displayed many emotions on this path. He was certainly trying to deal with all the feelings welling up within him. He was not like this when he first met Misen. He was not like this when he first came to Taknaha. With Gugu's death, and him leaving Misen, he seems to have gained something less visible." The black hooded man said.

"Show yourself, black hooded man." Fushi stated. "What is it?" The black hooded man asked. This is the first time he's called out to me. The black hooded man thought. "...What should I do now?" Fushi asked. "Continue on like this, and become stronger in order to reclaim what was stolen from you." The black hooded man replied. "What... What am I? What is Misen? What are we? What do you want from us...?" Fushi asked. 

"As we spoke of previously, you exist to collect information and protect this region. Misen has the same purpose. She was also created to guide you on your journey. I created you both for this sole purpose. You could call me your father." The black hooded man said. "No... you're not our father. To me, a father is..." Fushi started. "......" Fushi went silent, and brought his hand to his head. "What's wrong?"  The black hooded man asked. "Why... did I live? Did Gugu have to die?" Fushi asked. He was still grieving over Gugu.

"It's a matter of you and Misen's natures." The black hooded man replied. "I don't understand" Fushi said. "It's early for you to. I've been observing Misen too, it seems like she is capable of what you are capable of. You have become capable of doubt."  The black hooded man said. Fushi shook his head, trying not to think of you. "Don't try to fool me! tell me everything!" Fushi shouted. "Things will collapse. And that is why you and Misen are necessary. You are two special existences in this world. The enemy... the knockers wish to control you." The black hooded man replied. "The knockers... won't come if I'm not me, right? And they'll leave Misen alone?" Fushi asked.