Part 38 || We win!

The Girl's POV + Flashback: 

Fourteen years old.

I met them.

The girl looked at Fushi and you when you were about to board a ship. His hair is pure white. Her eyes are big, soft, and purple. The girl thought. She then felt a hand on her shoulder. "Have those two board the ship." Said the person. Their smile was creepy, but their hood covered their face so the girl couldn't see their face. She could only see their eyes and smile.

"They will undoubtedly win the tournament. They will become a legend. They will upend everything... Jeannanda and your fate. You must lead them." The person told her.

The adults said they were passengers. 

"Other than handlers who come to turn over prisoners, there are also occasionally people who come to view the tournament and buy prisoners that interest them." A man told the girl.

The girl looked at you, Fushi, and Pioran.

- - -

PRESENT.

What that man said was true. As soon as he arrived, he captivated everyone. And I'm sure Misen would be able to do it too. The girl thought. Fushi still stood with weapons impaled in him. You were about to cry over Fushi, you would never want him to go through this pain. I should have signed up instead of him...!  You thought. "Woah!" "What's up with him?!" flowed through the crowd. "Gah..." Grunted the man who thought he was the victor. "Ugh! It hurts! Now that I think about it, I have a hangover!" The man said, grabbing his chest. He then passed out onto the floor.

"Screw off!" and "Pathetic!" was being tossed around the crowd. The girl started to write in her book. They say that every story has a turning point. Right now may be that time.

- - -

After the match, the girl ran to catch up with Fushi, and so did you. "Fushi! Are you okay? Did your wounds heal up fine? Did it hurt?" You asked, checking him all over. "I'm fine, don't worry Misen." He said, smiling at you. "Good work!" The girl said, smiling. "That was amazing! I was so surprised! I was all like, whoa!" The girl said. "Yeah, and I was really worried..." You said.

Fushi looked at the girl with tired eyes. "Who are you?" He asked.

"I'm Tonari! Looking forward to working with you!" The girl enthusiastically said.