Part 14 || March!

FLASHBACK

"Guh... Mama, I'm so hungry I feel like I'm gonna die..."  March said, pretending her finger were her hungry children. "Oh! Don't worry, mama will make food for you!" March said. Parona looked at March while she pretended her fingers were her children. "It's so good~ Mama, your cooking is the best!" March said, pretending her children was saying that. Parona smiled and started to sew something. "Oh! Dont worry, papa will be back early today, and then we'll eat!" March said.

March went up to Parona. "Hey, why are you always alone?" March asked Parona. "Umm... well... I don't have any f-family..." Parona nervously said. "Hmm? Really..." March said. "Yeah, that's right..." Parona said, reaching for something. "Here, for you..." she said, pulling it down. It was a doll. March took it and looked stunned. "Wait up a bit!" March shouted while running away. "Here! Some food as a thank you!" March said quickly, handing Parona mud balls. "O-oh... Thank you...!" Parona thanked March. "Chomp chomp. Wow, it's so tasty!" Parona exclaimed, pretending to eat the mud balls. March smiled.

The two of them were now on a hill. "Hey, can't we be a family?" March asked. "Huh?" Parona inquired. "See, this child is our baby." March said, showing Parona the doll Parona gave her earlier. "March will be the mama, and you can be the papa." March said smiling. 

- - -

PRESENT TIME

"March! March! March! March! March! March!" Parona kept shouting desperately, holding March. You and Fushi were recking everything in sight. Houses, trees, Hayase's soldiers, and more. March's hand twitched. "Big sis..." she managed to get out. "Ah-" Parona said, panicking. "It'll be alright! It's be alright, March!" Parona said, rushing March into the wagon. "I'll fix you up right now!" Parona said smiling, taking the bandages off her arms. "Is March going to die for big sis' sake...?" March asked. "N-No, March! You're going to go back to the village and become an adult!" Parona said desperately as she wrapped March in bandages. "Ah..." March muttered. She looked at the fur balls she made earlier from you and Fushi's fur.

"...This... for bis sis... some food as a thank you..." March said. Parona looked at her in terror. "Big sis... Ugh!" March grunted in pain. "Become a mama in March's place..." she said while smiling. Parona's eyes welled up with tears. "N-NO! MARCH, ISN'T THAT YOUR DREAM?" Parona asked. "YOU NEED TO BECOME A MAMA... ISN'T THAT RIGHT, MARCH?! RIGHT?!" Parona shouted, clenching March's bandages and putting more on her. "Yeah..." March said smiling and crying. "Look, it's finished! Now you'll be fine! All that's left to do is to go back!" Parona said smiling. "Yeah..." March manages to get out. "Big sis... are Fushi and Misen there...?" March asked.

The room was empty. You and Fushi were out fighting Hayase and the others. "Yeah. They're here." Parona said smiling, trying to stay positive. "That's good..." March said smiling, taking her last breath. Parona still tried to smile. She picked up the fur balls the now gone March had made and said, "Wow, it's so tasty! Your cooking really is the best after all!" March didn't respond. Parona wrapped March's body below her head with her clothes, and jumped out the wagon.

- - -

Fushi tore threw a house with his head, and you ripped up the remaining of the house, following behind them. "What is that thing?" a man asked, scared. "It's the spirit bear...!! The spirit bear has been angered! B-But why are there two...?!" a man asked. "Take stance!" a soldier said, and the other guard raised their bows and arrows. They shot at Fushi's arm. Fushi roared in pain, but you attacked the guard with your paw, and they went flying. You burned with anger, starting to paw down on any of the remaining guards you saw. 

"Fushi, Misen, thank you for fight for March's sake. But it's alright now. You needn't fight anymore." Parona said, holding March's limp body. You stopped and looked at March. Fushi stopped as well. You looked at March, not responding, with her eyes closed. She looked as if she were in a state of sleep. You felt sadness rush through you. You changed into your human form, walking over to Parona. Fushi changed into his human form, standing there. You touched March's cheek. It was ice cold. Parona smiled.

She looked at the knife on the ground. "March, I'm sorry for always being late because of work." Parona said, kneeling down. She put March's body down. "But today it seems that my work will finished early." Parona said, picking up the knife. Hayase woke up, injured badly from the fight, gasping for air. Parona was kneeled down before her.

"Let's go back together now." Parona said, smiling while crying, holding her knife.

- - -

"March?! Is that you March?!" March's mom asked, surprised. "Yeah!" March said, leaping into her parents' arms. Parona was behind her smiling. "Aren't you surprised that March is still alive? It was so hard!" March said happily, with tears flowing down her face. "That's great, March!" There, there~" her dad said.

Suddenly all of March's stuffed animals ran rushing towards her. "Guh... mama, I'm so hungry I feel like I'm gonna die..." her stuffed animals said. Suddenly March was an adult. "Oh! Don't worry, mama will make food for all of you!" March said, picking one of her stuffed animals up. "Hmm, how many are there? Four, five, six kids..." March said, counting her stuffed animals. March stopped.

"Hmm? Fu... Mi..." March asked. "Ah-" March said. She turned back into her normal self. Time stopped.

"Where is this?" March asked, looking around.