Part 4 || What Happened...?

You all continued walking. "The fact that they haven't returned yet surely means that the paradise is too fascinating!" he said. "It's because they're enjoying it so much, the fascinating food and the fascinating people, that's why..." then he stopped in his tracks when he saw a rock. He ran over to the rock, and you followed close behind. But when he wiped the snow off, it was an arrow with an x over it. His breath hitched as he looked up to see all the destroyed carriages and houses. And the flag on top of the snow. He walked over to the tombstones.

"This is amazing you guys! These are remains of people! Look at this, this means that everyone made it this far!" he exclaimed while wiping the snow off of one of the tombstones. "That's why... For sure ahead of us... Is the way to the mountains! We can definitely make it!" he exclaimed. You looked at him with sad eyes.

"We can make it..." he said with tears in his eyes. "Can we... make it...?" he asked himself. "Wh-what do you think Misen, Joaan...? Do you think we can make it...?" he asked. "Tell me... say something, like you always do..." he pleaded. "That's right... you can't reply... that's right... isn't it..." he started stumbling over his words, then he fell to the floor on all fours.

"I've only been... talking to myself all along! You can't talk Misen... neither can Joaan... please, just say something! Please!" he pleaded. "Damn. Damn!" he cried out, sobbing. You looked at him and hugged him. "I-I'm sorry... I don't know how to t-talk w-well... I'm sorry..." you apologized over and over again, hugging him tighter and tighter. You never wanted to see him like this.

"That's right... No, I'm sorry Misen... Even though you've been with me I've been unappreciative... I'm... saying these things... Sorry, I'm sorry..." he apologized and hugged you tighter. "Let's go back... let's go back Misen." he said. "It's not your fault. I just... made up my mind."

You pulled away from the hug shocked, but you agreed nonetheless.

The snow was so strong you both had to put your hood up, and you had to put masks on. He collapsed on the way home, so you set up the tent yourself and took care of him. Once you got home he collapsed again. He sat on his bed and cried for days, and you were there for him every step of the way.

Days later, the food has almost ran out, the fire went out, and Kosetsu was in a state of depression. He was on his bed, and you were on his chair, watching him worriedly. "Haha, what's with that face? Are you not feeling well, or are you trying to make me laugh?" he asked laughing. "Ah, I know, Joaan must be hungry. Here let me-" then he fell out of bed. You immediately jumped up and put him back in. "I'll do it. Stay in bed." you said. You went to the fireplace and started another fire. "Ahh, it's starting to  heal." he said while looking at his wound. You started to cook and season the fish. "Mm, it smells nice. You're a much better cook than me." he said. You smiled and continued to cook. "Once this heals, let's challenge ourselves again guys!" he said while smiling. You nodded and fed Joaan. After you fed Joaan, Kosetsu fell asleep, so you kissed his cheek and went to bed with him.

The next day you were outside collecting firewood and fish and you left Kosetsu inside with Joaan. "That's weird..." Kosetsu said. "Haha..." he then fell on the floor with a thud. "Ugh.. aah... chair...." he said, reaching out for the chair. He managed to get himself in the chair. "You see... If-if I'm sleeping... when Misen and the others all come back... that would be... embarassing, right...?" he said while putting his coat on. "Determination... is what... makes me cool..." he said. "Joaan... tell Misen this too... I love her and... don't ever... forget about me." Kosetsu then put his head back and fell unconscious. He then passed away, and fell on the floor with a thud.

You then came in through the door with a smile on your face. "I'm... h-home!" You took your gloves off, then you looked at his unmoving body on the floor. "K-...kosetsu!" you said annoyed. You picked him up and put him on the chair. "Kosetsu w-wake up...! I got more f-...fish!" you exclaimed. No response. "Kosetsu...?" you asked. You felt his skin, and it was ice cold. You started to panic.

You cupped the boy's cheek and felt his cold skin upon you. "It'll be alright..." you whispered, trying not to cry. He was smiling.

You didn't know what to do. You didn't know the meaning of death, but you only knew that he wasn't responding, and probably would never respond ever again. He was the only one who was ever there for you. You started to look around the room for anything that could help. Joaan strutted over to Kosetsu's cold body, and touched it. You were shocked, Joaan had just became Kosetsu. But there was something about him that was different. You were mad, how could he just do that? And why didn't he help Kosetsu? You continued to look around the room, and saw it. A black hooded man.

You stood your ground, and looked at him. Even though you were scared, you would never show it. "I won't harm you." he spoke. "You want him to respond, yes?" he asked. You looked at Kosetsu again, and nodded your head, looking down. The black hooded man looked at you. "There will be consequences to your actions. But you have served him well, so I shall reward you. You do realize, by doing this, he will be able to live forever? He will also be able to take the form of any dead creature he encounters." he told you. You looked at him, sadness radiating in your eyes.

"D-do it." you said. The black hooded man looked at you, then at the palm of his hand. "Very well then." he said, creating an orb. The orb floated towards Kosetsu's unmoving body.

Then everything went black.