Part 31 || What is that thing?!

"The knockers are here." You and Fushi heard a voice say behind you. You both immediately turned around to look at the voice. It was the black hooded man. "What? At this time? Where?" You asked desperately, looking around. People started to look at you. "Calm down, Misen. I'll take care of it." Fushi reassured you. "The core is within earth. They've laid their roots in the vicinity. In roughly thirty seconds, they'll destroy the building." The black hooded man stated.

You started to panic as Fushi's eyes widened. "It's okay Misen... Just get everyone outside!" Fushi called. "What?!" "I'm scared!" Two people shouted. "Everyone! Outside!" You yelled, cooperating with what Fushi said. "Run!" Fushi shouted after you. A part of the building exploded, and the screams were evident. Fushi grabbed Myrr, Rean's dog, before he was thrown into the air. You were terrified, you didn't want to have to fight the knockers again. Not after what happened last time.

Fushi quickly handed you Myrr. "Take Myrr!" He said. You nodded shakily. "You should run too-" The rude guy from earlier told Fushi. Fushi then turned into his bear form. "WHA-?!" The same person said. "GO! WHILE YOU CAN..." Fushi shouted. Shrieks of horror were heard. You ran out of the building with the rest, closing your eyes and hoping for the best.

Once you set Myrr down outside, realization struck you like a wrecking ball. You realized you had just left Fushi all by himself in the building just because you were scared. You had to make this right.

- - -

"Some- Someone..." Rean tried to say, terrified, with tears in her eyes. "Guh..." Gugu muttered out, holding onto a branch on the cliff that appeared to be moving. "Someone help!" Rean shouted, look down at Gugu. The branch twisted and moved. "What's with this? Is it alive?" Gugu thought to himself. "It's all sticky..." he mumbled. One of the other branches went to his arm, and jabbed his side. "Grab on!" Some people said, sending a rope down to Gugu.

Once Gugu was pulled up, he was out of breath. "You alright?" Someone asked him. "Yeah, thanks. Just a scratch." Gugu said, still trying to catch his breath. "I'm so relieved... Gugu...!" Rean said, relief flooding over her. "Just what is going on here?" Gugu asked the others. "Don't know... The mansion just started to collapse..." A person said. Gugu widened his eyes and immediately ran in. "Gugu?! You can't...!" Rean shouted after him. Then Rean's eyes widened. "Where are mama and papa...?" she asked.

- - -

"Fushi!" Gugu shouted. "Gugu!" Fushi shouted back. You ran into the building, bumping into Gugu, causing you to fall. "Misen?! I told you to stay outside!" Fushi growled. "I can't just leave you in here all by yourself!" You fought back. Gugu helped you up, patting you on the back. "I don't want you to get hurt, Misen!" Fushi yelled. You paused, and Fushi stopped. "I'm sorry... Because of me... They came..." Fushi apologized. "It's not just you Fushi, it's me too. Don't be sorry." You reassured him. Fushi looked into your eyes.

"They're the only ones left..." Rean's mother wearily said. "Hey! Get a hold of yourself!" Rean's father shouted angrily. "But they could've all been hurt..." Rean's mother replied. "If we don't act fast..." Fushi said, quickly getting cut off by a piece of the building cracking. "Oh no! It's collapsing!" The guy from earlier exclaimed. Gugu immediately picked him up along with another person to get them out the building. You pushed some others out the way even at the risk of the piece of the building falling on you.

- - -

"Papa! Mama!" Rean shouted when Gugu brought them out safely. "Wait, Gugu! Don't go!" Rean said, grabbing Gugu's wrist. "I... I lov-" Rean was saying, but was interrupted by Gugu running into the building.

- - -

You yelped as the building felt on you, breaking a few of your bones. Even though you could quickly regenerate them, the pile of the broken building on top of you was preventing that since it kept repeatedly breaking your bones. "Misen!" Fushi shouted, trying to get you out. "Where are you guys?!" Gugu shouted, running back in. "Quick! Help her!" Fushi said. Gugu and Fushi dug you out, and you were crying. "I told you to stay out! Why didn't you listen to me?!" Fushi yelled at you, evident he was mad. You wiped your tears and stood up. "I want to help!" You shouted back angrily.

"No time for fighting! Where's the enemy? I'll destroy them!" Gugu asked. Fushi calmed down. "I can't see them. They must be hiding." Fushi replied. You all heard a crash. "There it is!" Gugu shouted. "Dodge!" Gugu yelled as the knocker slammed it's paw down. It had taken Fushi's bear form away from him, alas, it took it away from you too. "This is your last chance! Get out, Misen!" Fushi yelled at you. "NO!" You yelled back. Fushi pushed you out the building with the others as Gugu and Fushi were left in.

"STOP! Let me in!" You shouted.

- - -

"DODGE!" Gugu yelled as the knocker slammed down it's paw. "Looks like it can't stretch its limbs like before. That'll help us." Gugu said, still dodging the knocker. Gugu rubbed his mask together, preparing to set fire. "Take this!" Gugu shouted, fire coming out of the mouth of his mask. He aimed it at the knocker. Fushi's eyes widened. "......Gugu... This... Is not the same..." Fushi stuttered out. "Ah..." Gugu said once he realized fire can't destroy the knocker this time.

"Fire isn't working!" Gugu said aloud this time. "Stone armor?" Fushi asked. The knocker charged at them again, alarming them. Fushi formed a spear. "What's with this house?!" Gugu asked. "Grab on Gugu!" Fushi hurriedly said. The boys fell into a crack, Gugu held onto Fushi while Fushi was holding onto a spear that was impaled into the wall. The sticky, moving branches came out of the wall again.

"These creepy things again... Is that monster what's directing them...?" Gugu asked. 

- - -

"LET ME IN!" You desperately pounded on what's left of the building. "Don't go in, it's too dangerous!" Rean said. "I have to help! Let me help!" You kept saying, trying to get in the pile of rubble. "STAY BACK!" You heard a man voice say. It was the rude man from earlier. You didn't know what to do.

All you wanted was for them to be okay.