| ɢᴇᴛ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴀᴄᴋ |

| ɢᴇᴛ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴀᴄᴋ |

summary: adam fights to get y/n back

-

adam watched as his the girl he's in love with smile and laugh with another boy from across the dining hall.

his heart broke every second he watched as she smiled when her new boyfriend would whisper in her ear.

although his heart fluttered at the sight of her, it broke him as well. but it was his fault. his father made adam choose between his girlfriend and hockey. and he thought hockey was the choice.

but it wasn't.

she was.

and he regretted picking hockey over the love of his life.

while adam was stuck in his trance of staring at y/n. his friends was staring at him. they all saw the sadness in his eyes. it has been 2 months since they broken up.

y/n found someone new that distracted her from the sadness she got from the breakup. and there she was, happy with Rhett Riley.

"what are we going to do with him?" connie asked, worried for her best friend that hasn't been himself.

"i don't know," charlie says. "i don't know." he softly spoke. charlie was adam's number one best friend. if anything, charlie would know how to cheer up the blonde boy.

and he tried everything. but that everything wasn't enough. the only way for adam to be happy, was for him to be back with the love of his life. the girl that he fell deeply in love with his freshman year. the girl that he didn't date until his sophomore year. the girl he broke his junior year. and the girl who seems happy without him.

"i don't like seeing him like this," averman sadly says. and when averman is sad, he's really sad because he never gets sad.

"should we talk to him?" russ suggest.

"we tried." connie sighed. the team doing the same afterwards.

"i hate this so much." julie sadly groans, looking at her best friend across the table from her, and then her other best friend that's across the room from her.

"there's nothing we can do."

adam sat in his seat, next to Justin, one of y/n's close friend. justin saw how adam was so out of it. his blonde hair wasn't parted it or gelled. it was messy, sticking in different directions.

justin sighed and shook his head. "why don't you talk to her?"

adam looked at the brunette in disbelief and looked away.

"if you just tried, maybe she would talk back." justin tried.

"she ignored me the 10 other times, what makes you think that this time will work?" the blonde asked.

"adam, you're doubting yourself man." justin turned towards the blondes way. "it doesn't hurt to try again. if anything, just because she looks happy on the outside doesn't mean she is on the inside."