| ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪ'ᴍ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜᴇʀ |

summary: adam comes to a realization during his goodwill season about y/n

3rd person

"okay, bring it in!" bombay shouts, the team skates towards him and takes a knee once they approach him.

"practice is ending a bit early coach," charlie says, but his statement comes out more as a question. he looks at bombay confused.

"it sure is," coach said. "i'm letting you guys rest. we've been at it since 9 a.m., and i know we all need a break. so take this day off and relax a bit. just don't be out causing trouble, got it?" he gives them all a pointed look.

"yes sir," they all said with a smile. coach gestures them to leave and they did just that. skating out to the locker room.

"what are we going to do?" guy asked as he took a seat.

"we could maybe go get something to eat?" y/n suggest with a shrug,

"and maybe look around?" julie suggested too. everybody agreed and got themselves ready for their little adventure.

as y/n was putting on her shoes, conversing with luis and dwayne, adam's eyes seem to never leave her.

and that didn't go unnoticed by his two closest friends, along with connie.

"just tell her," charlie nudged the blinded side. adam shook his head with a nervous expression.

"why not?" guy raised an eyebrow at him.

"cause i just...." adam sighed

"don't want to get rejected?" connie finished in a question. adam blushed in embarrassment and nodded.

he was never one to like a girl, nor be distracted by one. but ever since he met y/n in the beginning of this trip, or season, they'd like to say. he fell for her bubbly personality. the way she was so kind and caring to anybody she meets, but becomes aggressive when somebody would take her food. he was whipped.

"i can't risk getting rejected," adam looked down at his skates embarrassed. guy, connie, and charlie looked at each other with raise eyebrows. shaking their heads, they sighed and carried on to getting ready.

they knew adam was a beast out on the ice, but when it comes to speaking to girls, specifically one, he can't form any words nor have the balls to even say good morning.

so instead of talking to her, he would just watch her from a couple of feet away.

•••
adam

"hi adam," her angelic and bubbly voice spoke to me. butterflies and nerves finding their way through my body.

"hi y/n," i try to speak like a normal person.

"are you ok?" she asked me, "you haven't been talking to me for a week now." she tells me with a pinch of sadness in her eyes.

"i- yeah, i'm sorry about that. i've just been distracted with hockey." i say, hoping she doesn't catch me in a lie.

"oh," her voice dropped. then her eyes turned into a bit of hope. "maybe we can talk more, maybe hangout?" she asked with a small blush.