| ɴᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ᴇɴᴇᴍʏ | ᴛᴡᴏ |

summary: adam and y/n realizes they aren't each other's enemy's.

-

"what?" i harshly asked him.

"don't be like that." he said.

"like what adam?" i snapped. "i just got cheated on and i don't want to deal with your bullshit!"

i pushed him away. i didn't want to deal with him, especially at this moment.

"i saw what he did." adam said. he shook his head with a fake a laugh. "i may be an asshole, but i sure as hell would never do what he did to you."

"why the hell do you care?" i harshly asked. i don't get it. after everything, we because somebody we hated to each other. and now he's trying to talk to me like there's nothing going on.

"because i just do y/n!" he snapped. i flinched at his tone, and i could see his eyes soften. he sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "i've always cared y/n."

"if you're saying that just to make me feel better. it's not working." i scoffed. "so just leave me alone."

he didn't budge. he stayed in his place and just stared into my eyes. it's like he was staring into my soul. that he could see right through me.

"i'm not leaving when you need somebody." he spoke after a minute. i looked away from him and to the my shaking hands.

"i don't need anybody. i have myself."

staring down at my hands, i felt a touch underneath my chin. then my head being lifted up.

looking up, my eyes connected with adam's eyes.

at this moment, brandon wasn't even on my mind. my dress was now soaked and the only thing that kept my mind off of it was adam being next to me.

"brandon's a dick. he has been since you started talking to him." he laughed, which was clearly fake. "i'm surprised you even stayed with him."

"why do you care?" i moved my head away from his touch.

"can you fucking stop asking that, y/n?!" he snapped. "i care because i still care about you! i never stopped!"

i looked at him with wide eyes.

adam? adam banks? cares about me? he still cares? why though?

"just because we ended the things we did, and we became into person that hated each other. i couldn't ever hate you. you may think i did, but i didn't." he sighed and rubbed his forehead. "i couldn't even bare to see you with another guy."

i looked at him and he was looking off into the distance. he sighed and stood up. the pouring ran hit us, snapping me out of my little trance.

i totally forgot that it was raining. it was always like this. being with adam. everything around us just disappears, and it's just only us two. that's how it is when i'm around him.

i then stood up, and wipes my tears.

"w-why do you still care?" i asked he sighed and shook his head. signaling that he didn't want to say.

"i-i," he sighed. "when we ended things the way it did. it showed me a lot of things. i never wanted to let you out of my sight."

i looked up at him. rain, of course, was hitting his now dripping wet hair. his suit now soaked, just like my dress.

"i loved you y/n." he said, which shocked me. "i still do. i-i, i'm in love with you." which shocked me even more. "i never hated you, it was too hard to even hate a single thing about you. i thought i did, but i just couldn't. i just figured you hated me when you dated the guy i hated the most.

"but i couldn't hate you. you looked so happy and he made you happy. but clearly he isn't because you're crying right in front of me." he sighed and i just sat there shocked as the rain hit my face.

of course this shocked me. it's been almost two years since we last talked and hearing him admit this made me surprised. no, it shocked me.

from how we left everything off, i didn't think he was capable of even loving me. for even having feelings for me.

i looked at him and see the softness in his eyes. behind it, you can see that he felt defeated. like his confession for his love for me was just a waste of time.

but it wasn't.

before he or myself could process what happened. i smashed my lips onto his. he doesn't waste anytime kissing me back.

his hands immediately found their way onto my waist, while mine stayed on his face. the rain made the kiss salty, and really wet.

we pulled away and leaned our foreheads on each other. our chest heaving up and down as we breathed for air.

"i love you too." i said. adam smirked and leaned down to kiss me again. his lips stayed on mine longer than last time.

my head tilted to the side giving him access to kiss me more. he pulled me onto him and i stayed onto his lips, keeping our lips together.

we pulled away when there was a honk coming from the pouring dark street. the street lights were on, but we could barely see from the rain.

"maybe we should go, we can go to my place." adam suggested, i gave him a look. did he just want to sleep with me?

"not like that." he said when he saw the look on my face. "we'll dry up and watch some netflix?" he asked and a smile fell onto my face.

"sure."

•••
lovelybubz
-
had school today but didn't go. i hate school yall, i'm finna go virtual 😭

also THANK YOU FOR 25.1k READS