03

ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴇʀ-ʜᴜɴᴛᴇʀs

"Decent effort by most," Mr. Medina spoke handing back the class' tests, "Good effort by some, exceptional effort by three," he continued "Miss Hayden, Miss Grant, Miss Geller," he congratulated the girls, "Ms. Graham, Miss Gilmore. Take these home, learn from your mistakes. Look at the large red circles around various parts of your paper as friendly reminders that to err is human. And that here at Chilton we try to beat that humanity right outta ya!" he told the two girls causing Paris to whisper to Juliana, "She makes it so easy."

"Ok, next up. The test - the dreaded test. Shakespeare! The man we've been droning on about for the last three weeks finally comes back to haunt us on Friday. This is a big one my friends - multiple choice with an essay section that will count for 20% of your grade for this semester. And don't be fooled by my kind face and charming personality. This test will be hard, and there will be no makeups." Mr. Medina explained, stopping when the bell rang, "Refer to the study materials that I gave you at the beginning of the month and those extensive notes I know you've been taking."

"Hard paper," Paris said shoving her books into her bag.

"Killer," Juliana added on smirking, putting her papers in order.

"How'd you do?" Paris asks the group, loudly enough for Rory to hear.

"A," Juliana said smirking, Louise high fiving her.

"Me too," Paris laughed.

"Same here," Louise said her and Madeline walking towards Paris and Juliana.

"Oh small world," Juliana commented looking over to Paris.

"Isn't it? Madeline, what'd you get?"

"You know I got a 'B'," Madeline told the group sounding disappointed in herself.

"A 'B's not bad," Paris reassured the girl.

"Oh not at all," Louise joined in, making Madeline brighten up a bit.

"Respectable even," Juliana smiled giving the look to Paris.

"I'd be proud," Louise said as Paris glanced at Rory's paper a final time to ensure she says the right thing.

"A 'D' however, that would be cause for concern," Paris smirked eyeing Rory up and down, and she stood up.

"A cry for help," Louise added catching on.

"A job application at McDonald's," Paris said the group trying to hold back laughter, following Rory slowly as she tried walking out of the classroom.

"Would you like fries with that?" Juliana asked looking towards Rory, who refused to look at the group.

"Hey, you know, not everybody can be smart. As my mother always says, somebody has to answer the phones," Paris said making Juliana and Louise giggle, but Madeline look confused.

"Ok, I have no idea what you three are talking about," Madeline admitted looking at the girls for an answer.

"No, but Rory does," Juliana smiled as the group walked past her, giving a look to Tristin and Theo who were leaning on one of the lockers, in front of the class.

Theo tapped on Tristin's shoulder as he walked out, signalling for him to go. "Hey Mary," Tristin smirked, looking at her.

Juliana was unable to hear their conversation, her and Theo watching Tristin follow Rory down the hall, trying to stop her before she turns, "Later... Mary."

"Thank you," Juliana whispered to Tristin as he joined his two friends again. The three of them walking to their next class.

"Anything for you love," Tristin laughed slinging his arm around her shoulder, "and it's really fun."