05

ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴇʀ-ʜᴜɴᴛᴇʀs

"Excuse me. Hello?" The voice rang making Juliana's eyes open wide and look at Mr. Medina, who just watched the woman walk in.

Juliana hid herself turning when she walked past, making sure she doesn't notice her. But how could she when she probably has no idea what Juliana looks like? She probably doesn't even remember who she is or that she even exists.

"Ms. Gilmore. Please come in," The headmaster smiled sweetly at the woman pointing towards the chair Juliana once sat in, "Miss Hayden, please close the door as you leave."

This made Lorelai's head turn, watching the girl close the door. Her heart sped up as she watched the girl, tears threatening to fall. Her daughter was standing in front of her, and she did nothing. Lorelai tried to justify her actions by telling herself 'She probably doesn't even know who you are.' But it didn't work, all she felt was guilt as she turned back around to the headmaster to talk about what she came in here to do, not stare at a girl who doesn't know she exists.

"Um, I think there's been a terrible mistake. Rory told me that she wasn't allowed to take her test." Lorelai said, but it was the last of what Juliana heard as she ran into Tristin, this time real tears flowing.

"Come on let's get out of here," Tristin whispered to her, eying Rory up and down before they left, "Hey you can stop the act now," Tristin looked at the girl confused when she didn't, when she grabbed onto him tighter, "Hey what's wrong?"

"She was there," she mumbled out not moving her head from his chest.

"Who was?" Tristin asked confused, after grabbing the new slips from the secretary he had to wait outside in the hall.

"Lorelai, she was there. I saw her," Juliana was in shock, she was scared, she hoped Lorelai didn't recognise or didn't even remember she existed. But she had this feeling she did.

"Hey how about you, Theo and I skip the rest of the day?" Tristin asked tilting her chin up to look at him.

"I'm already in enough trouble, I can't," she wasn't one to follow the rules, but she was usually able to get away with it, easily slipping the blame to someone else. But she used her one strike on this and couldn't risk it.

"Fine, we'll stay, but I'm not moving from by your side," Tristin whispered walking the girl away from the door knowing the bell was going to ring and the hall was going to become crowded. He walked her to their little hiding spot between buildings. Not a lot of people knew it was there so he knew it was the perfect place he could talk to her, "Okay now talk to me. What is he making you do?"

"Nothing, that's another problem."

"What do you mean nothing?"

"I mean he said no punishment, except I'm not allowed to retake the test," Juliana explained to the boy, who was looking at her confused.

"So we wasted a good performance?" He asked pretending to be annoyed.

"It was Oscar-worthy."

"But are you okay? You wanna talk?" he observed the girl, looking for hints in her body language, but there was none, he couldn't figure it out.

"No, we have class," Juliana fake smiled grabbing Tristin's arm and pulling him to Biology.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Okay that's all for today guys, I'll see you on Monday, have a good weekend!" the Biology teacher dismisses his class for the day, allowing the students to leave early.