14

ʀᴜɴᴀᴡᴀʏ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙᴏʏ

The next few days at Chilton had been empty. No blonde bad boy finding loopholes in Chilton's rule book and no blue eyed girl chasing him publicly trying to stop him, but secretly helping him. No bundle of smiles and jokes walking around helping around the school or trying to get some lasts minute extra credit points or even casually roaming the halls with her friends. The school's favorite couple is still missing, and at this point everyone has realised.

Rumours have been spreading like wildfire, from Juliana being pregnant, to them being dead. Everyone has some theory but only a few have the truth.

The first one being Aubrey and Theo, the now most popular kids with classmates trying to pry an answer out of them. Everyone knows the two know something, between their whispers in the hallways, to the worried expressions they'd pull when their phones go off. It was no secret they were close to the couple and that their sudden change of mood and attitude had something to do with that.

Madeline and Louise, the two best friends since second grade of Juliana, also know. They've been ditching their plans and school for a few days to stay with her. But when she realised what they were doing, she immediately sent them back, not wanting the reason for them getting in trouble with the school being on her.

Another person who knows is Spencer. Every person who has eyes and minor brain function in Chilton notices his and Juliana's interactions since elementary school. He took over for the two girls in watching Juliana when she kicked them out. Although she then tried to kick him out, she failed, with him refusing to leave her side. Between the five of them closest to Juliana right now, he's the only one who knows everything, about Juliana, Tristin and even what happened with Lorelai. Many people would find this weird, but with their history it makes sense.

The last person who knows is Lorelai 'Rory' Gilmore. The bitch herself. She was the one who Tristin just happened to find the chance to bid his goodbyes to. Everyone saw the very public display they had put on. Well everyone but Juliana, and that's for good reason. Rory would no longer be able to breathe if Juliana had seen. She would either be in the hospital or six feet underground. Juliana doesn't care which one after finding out, but first she needs to build both the emotional and physical energy to do that.

Juliana hasn't left her house for the past five days. She goes from her bed, to her bathroom, downstairs to the kitchen, then back to her bed. If her dad were home he'd realise, but he's coming back today and the house isn't a pretty sight. The kitchen is covered in baked foods and it's ingredients scattered across the counters and the sink is piled up high with the dishes that need to be washed from it.

Spencer and Aubrey called around Leslie last night after seeing the extent of the house after Juliana fell asleep, realising they couldn't clean it all themselves. They're both the type of person to think they can do anything by themselves and don't need help, so them admitting and giving in is a big thing.

The one thing in the house that they were able to find easily was Juliana's and the home's phones, with the two of them being stuck beside Juliana for the last few days, her pleading at them to have the right person behind the rings. But it hasn't yet happened.

She's stared at the numbers, almost punching the whole thing in. but she couldn't bring herself to punch in the last number. The stupid number five. It sat there and stared at her, taunting her, laughing at her inability to press it.

"Jule," he whispered into her ear with his arm wrapped around her as she slowly woke herself.

A small mumble escaped from her lips as he tucked the hair behind her ear allowing her to see. But it wasn't what she was expecting. Instead of his blonde hair and beautiful grey eyes, she was met with Spencer's light brown locks and hazel eyes. No it wasn't the worst sight, but it was the wrong one.