19

ʟᴏʀᴇʟᴀɪ'ꜱ ɢʀᴀᴅᴜᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴅᴀʏ

"Thank you, again," Juliana praised into the phone before hanging up and smiling to her dad.

"Was that it?" he asked excitedly, with a small smile on his face.

"That was it," she mumbled out partially still in shock, with a small smile on her face as she thought.

He stood up and engulfed her in a tight hug, separating to hold her face and look at her, before pulling her in again.

"Okay dad, I'm going to be late, and your wrinkling my uniform," she glared at him, while she smoothed out her shirt, "Bye, love you."

Christopher smiled at her as she pulled on her backpack and grabbed her keys, "Pull down your skirt, its way too short."

She just smiled at him as she left the house, pulling it an inch higher just to irritate him, before closing the door to the house. Before going into her car and leaving for another day at school, she grabbed the package laying on her front door step.

She was supposed to meet Aubrey and Theo for coffee before school, but the email she got the night before delayed her morning a bit.

As always, she put on her favourite songs and sipped her cup of coffee as she drove to Chilton. But this drive was different, as her reality set in.

As she flashed back on all the memories driving down each of these streets on her way to school, she felt her eyes begin to water, but she breathed in tightly and reminded herself that she shouldn't cry, as she pulled into the parking lot.

"So what are we wearing to the end of year formal?" Louise's voice asked to Juliana the second they both got out of their cars.

"We have some options. Your turn," Juliana answered grabbing everything she needed from the passenger site of the car.

"Also have some options," Louise smiled back.

Madeline's face lit up as she suggested the best idea to the girls, "What if we meet up tonight and try on?"

"I'm so up for it!" Juliana said excitedly shoving her bag into her locker and grabbing her books for her first class.

Honestly, she knew she wouldn't pay much attention, because she is over it now, over all the school work and nagging. She feels almost burned out. But it's not a bad burnt out, as she still tops the class in every test and paper.

On her walk through the crowded halls, she chatted with Madeline and Louise about dress options, accessories and dates. The latter being a very short conversation as it got interrupted.

"I need to talk to you," her voice demanded to Juliana, who had to use all her mental strength to hold her eyes from rolling.

Madeline and Louise looked hesitantly at the girl, who just sighed and nodded towards the class, telling them that they could leave her.

Juliana turned back around to face her and just glared, "What?" Her tone sounded more harsh than she was used to, but it's deserved.

"Lorelai is graduating from business school next Thursday, and you will be there," Rory stated sounding like a demand.

Juliana's face showed she was far from impressed at Rory's statement, and even more her presence. Very visibly she twisted her face, and had to try and fight every part of her that wanted to laugh, "Oh, I will?"

"Yes, because I think it would mean a lot to her if you were there. It may not seem like it would, but it's true," Rory attempted to explain.

An overly irritated and sarcastic answer was cut off from being told to the girl as Theo rushed up to the girl chaotically.