15

ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴀᴄᴇʙʀɪᴅɢᴇ ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀ

The end of the week finally may have arrived, but the problems it began with are still lingering in the teenagers' air. All the drama, heartbreak, worry and love continues to surround them.

Juliana has finally gotten out of the house, allowing Spencer to take her to get some coffee, but nowhere near Hartford. They stayed for a while before returning back to the house, with Spencer happy they made some sort of progress.

But Christopher is on the other side of the country, still clueless after his flight back was once again rescheduled due to storms and conflicting schedules. Juliana refuses to worry her father on the trip, although all she wants to do is lay down and just stay in with her dad.

She is doing some of the other options. Deciding she's finally going to school on Monday, she is going to go out this weekend and find things to do. She accepted an offer from a friend for a dinner on Saturday, and she's going to drive up to visit some friends on Sunday.

She's done with the moping and feeling sorry for herself. She's done sitting in tears feeling everyone's pity from a distance, hearing all the backhanded compliments through other people. She's no longer going to hide and allow people to start rumours, instead she's going to walk into that school with her head held high and make it seem like she didn't miss a day, not a single second passed since that night. Luckily her grades are still perfect, as she got all the
work she missed through her friends and spoke to certain teachers about doing assignments when she returned.

Juliana has finally decided to turn her life around and stop relying on other people to keep her afloat. She's going to become her own person, one who doesn't rely on everyone else for every minor event.

Sitting in front of her mirror she touched up the final steps of her no-makeup-makeup look she's finally mastered after way too many failed attempts. She glanced towards the small simple digital clock beside her bed surprising herself once she read it, realising she's running early.

Carefully she stood up, straightening the dress out as she did, ensure it isn't bunched up or wrinkled anywhere. She opted for the dress due to its simplicity. As most of her other dresses it is black and has straight neck with straps going over her shoulders and down to meet the back of the dress. Due to it still being some of the colder months in the year, this dress may be more revealing than she wants, especially if she has to be outside for too long even with a coat.

She walked downstairs, picking up he bag she already had packed and sat on one of the stools on her kitchen island, spinning it, waiting for five minutes to pass to allow her to leave. But she couldn't wait for the time to pass, instead deciding she'd drive slowly to her destination. Unsure exactly where she was going, before she drove out her driveway, she sent a message to get the exact location.

It wasn't hard to find as she's visited the area once already, even though she barely remembers the day due to the emotional state she was in, she vaguely remembered the streets to turn down and the buildings to pass. Immediately feeling out of place, she drove up to where she would meet her friend, parking outside the building.

She carefully pushed open the doors and walked into the lobby, following the directions she was given. The wooden details and the beautiful interior made the girl feel homey as she walked up to the concierge desk with a smile.

"Hello, how can I help you?" a man stated with a thick accent and little enthusiasm towards the girl.

"I am not too sure, I am to be meeting a friend," Juliana mumbled, only her back facing the lobby as she spoke to the man.