18

ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ

Another night was spent with her grandparents' society friends, smiling, and talking about her future and where she plans to take her life and dreams. Besides Colin, Mr McRae and Mrs McRae, every conversation followed the same blueprint as the rest. Juliana doesn't even have to listen to the conversations anymore, she can just reply.

"Well I'm eager to hear from you soon, Juliana," Craig Sampson told Juliana with a kind smile, before walking off with his wife.

A small smile formed on Juliana's face as he walked off, feeling her future come together more. But her grandmother approached he with a small smile and a glass of wine in her hands.

"I think I've put you through enough tonight. Please leave when you're ready," Francine politely informed her daughter, relieving her granddaughter of her society duties, "And a beautiful young woman like yourself probably has multiple suitors waiting up for her."

Juliana couldn't help but laugh at her grandmothers statements before replying, "I would usually, but I cleared the night for you."

"Well dear, as much as I appreciate the compliment, you should go out and enjoy yourself," Francine told her granddaughter, "Look Lydia and Edward's son is looking for an escape. You two should go and have fun, enjoy life while you're young."

"Are you sure?" Juliana asked with an excited smile, slightly feeling bad to leave the party early.

"Of course dear," Francine smiled sweetly, adjusting a piece of Juliana's hair as she spoke, "Just hide from your father on the way out. I'm going to torture him just a bit longer."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Juliana said excitedly and quickly, kissing her grandmother's cheek. She then grabbed her bag off the table behind her and discreetly shoved a smaller bottle of tequila, her grandparents got as a gift, into her bag.

With a small smile she walked up to the boy who looked like he was going through a form of torture, as her grandparents friends surrounded him, most likely quizzing him on all his Yale endeavours.

"I'm sorry, but would you mind if I steal him from you quickly?" Juliana asked the older people surrounding her friend, who was sending her the most thankful smile.

"Excuse me for a second," Colin smiled, excusing himself from the group. A smile formed on his face as he leaned down to whisper in her ear, "You are my guardian angel. I don't think I have the ability to come up with a single more reason as to why I didn't choose Princeton, as which is my birthright," he said fairly quickly, taking a sip out of his glass as he did, a glass Juliana more than wished she was able to receive.

"I very much dislike you for being able to consume the contents of that glass," Juliana whispered back staring at it, "Almost enough to hand you over to Ruben, a former Princeton alumnus."

A betrayed glare fell from his face and towards Juliana with a small offended gasp, "You wouldn't dare."

"Just so you know, the only reason I am not, is because I don't have my car here, and I need a Getaway Car," Juliana stated factually, taking a last sip, of the sadly virgin cocktail in her hand.

Colin reached into his blazer's pocket, dangling the key in front of the girl's face, sending her a wink and grabbing her hand, dragging her out of the event.