03

ʀᴇᴅ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇᴅᴅɪɴɢ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

"It's a great day!" Juliana shouted stepping back into the room, "The sun is shining, we have no school and there's a lot of coffee downstairs!" she continued pulling open the customs and flicking on the lights.

"Go away!" Aubrey groaned shoving her head into a pillow.

"That's mine!" Theo shouted pulling it off her and back to him.

The whole group, minus Paris slept over at Juliana's last night after her whole breakdown, which only Juliana knows what about.

"Are you ready to talk?" a now slightly awake Aubrey sits up rubbing her head.

"About what?" Juliana asked with a huge fake smile plastered across her face, "It's a great day, the sun is-"

"Yes the sun is shining, there is no school and we have coffee!" Aubrey groans annoyed, "We know!"

A brief silence overcame the room before everyone got up slowly following Juliana downstairs after realising she left.

"Good one Tonkin," Louise whispered rolling her eyes.

"Jules where were you this morning, you disappeared," Tristin asked hugging her from behind and kissing her cheek gently as she drank her coffee.

"I went and played a few games on the courts with Courtney," Juliana said taking another sip.

"Did you win?" Theo asked getting competitive.

"Obviously," Juliana smiled winking at him.

"Do you wanna talk about it now?" Aubrey asked noticing the look on Juliana's face.

"About what?" Juliana said pulling a plate from on top of the stove and onto the counter, "How much you guys love my pancakes or how Lorelai is getting married?" she asked nonchalantly placing some plates and forks next to it, "Syrup, chocolate, peanut butter, berries or bananas?" she turned towards the fridge and started grabbing things, "Duh all, ooh whipped cream!"

The group of friends stared at each other and at the girl confused. They looked at each other all telepathically debating which of them will continue pressing the topic.

"Jules," he mumbled stepping forward towards his girlfriend.

"Yeah, you want caramel?" she asked whipping her head around out of the fridge.

"Jules stop," Tristin whispered from behind her, reaching over her and closing the door to the fridge, "Talk to me."

She looked up to him with not a single emotion behind her eyes. She was still processing everything. Why would Lorelai get engaged and not tell her?

"I don't want to talk," Juliana told Tristin honestly, "Let me just stuff my feelings down and distract myself with baking," Juliana asked looking him carefully in the eyes.

They only broke eye contact after a very loud noise rang from the corner of the room, "Ooh! My brownies!"

"When did you have time to do all of this?" Louise asked getting up excited smelling the heavenly scent from the oven.