17

sᴛᴀʀ-ᴄʀᴏssᴇᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀs

Juliana is on her way to Chilton now with Tristin driving her, which usually would make her talkative and excited, wanting to talk about everything. But she couldn't get the thought out of her mind, her father returned late last night and when he did, he didn't even bother checking in on Juliana, she heard as he walked in the door, sitting up quickly to talk to him. But he never went in. She heard as he walked straight past her room and into his, and that was it. And when she woke up this morning, he wasn't there. No note, no car, no Christopher. It's almost like he was avoiding her. And she couldn't stop thinking about it.

"Jules?" Tristin asked looking at the half-present girl, "You okay?"

"I'm fine," she mumbled fixing her hair in the mirror.

"No, you're not. What's wrong," he asked taking his eyes off the road for a second and locking them with hers.

"It's just dad. He disappeared from Friday morning to last night. And when he came home he didn't check on me or call me the whole trip," she told him worrying herself, "Something's wrong Tris."

"Nothing is wrong. He probably was so busy he couldn't call and maybe he didn't want to wake you up," Tristin tried to convince her.

"But he always checks in on me, no matter the time. Once he came home at four a.m. and checked in on me, it was only nine o'clock when he got back," Juliana explained not buying the story Tristin was trying to give her, "And I have a weird feeling."

"Maybe you're pregnant," Tristin joked smirking at the girl.

"Impossible," she rolled her eyes leaning back into the chair to figure it out.

"Don't get too comfy. We're here," he laughed at the girl as he parked the car.

"You're going to help me figure it out."

"I'm good," Tristin shook his head helping her out of the car and closing the door behind her.

"It wasn't a question."

- - - - - - - - - -

"Hey Annie," Aubrey smiled at the girl as she joined the group.

"Annie?" Theo asked looking down to his girlfriend.

"Juliana, Ana, Annie," Aubrey explained smiling at her friend.

"Creative genius," Juliana smiled watching her friend.

"Ugh I love you," Aubrey went to her friend's side kissing her cheek, then looking towards Tristin, "I'm stealing your girl Dugray."

Juliana looked at her friend with a questioning face, when Aubrey realised she slapped her hand quickly to her mouth and opening her eyes wide.

"What the hell Montgomery," Tristin whispered to his friend slapping his head, luckily Juliana didn't see or hear anything, as she was watching Aubrey closely trying to get an answer out of her.

"We share all of our secrets," Theo whispered back.

"Yeah, your secrets. Not mine!" Tristin shouted softly, bringing Juliana to their conversation.