13

ғᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇɴᴇss ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜғғ

"Merry Christmas grandma," Juliana said kissing her grandmothers cheek, "Hi grandpa."

"Mom, dad," Christopher hugged his parents.

"This is for you," Juliana smiled handed her grandmother a beautifully wrapped gift.

"That's very kind of you guys," Francine said, handing the gift to Leslie who slipped it under the tree "Juliana come meet some of my friends," Francine smiled taking her granddaughter's arm, "You too Christopher, let's go."

The living room of the elder Hayden's residence was filled with close friends and family, most of whom Juliana doesn't know, or only sees once a year at these parties. Francine dragged Juliana and Christopher to all her friends, where they just politely smiled and just answered questions when asked to not drag out the same boring conversation which was repeated constantly any longer.

"And these are the McRae's, Lydia and Edward and their son, Colin," Francine introduced, Juliana and Colin's eyes lightning up once they saw each other, Juliana pulling Colin into a hug when she saw him.

"Where have you been, it's been two months?" she asked quietly slowly letting go of him.

"That's a long story, I'll tell you later," Colin whispered to the girl, both of their parents and Francine watching them, not knowing they knew each other.

"Colin and I met at that event that one time," Juliana confirmed being as vague as possible not knowing what her dad or Colin's parents knew.

"With those people at that guy's house," Colin mocked laughing to himself.

"Yeah okay," Christopher nodded trying to hold back his laughter.

"Well we better continue making the rounds," Francine told the group politely, but Juliana didn't want to leave the only kid around her age at this party.

"Do you mind if I-" Juliana tried to ask, stopping once she realised her grandmothers stare.

She followed her grandmother around, smiling politely to everyone she passed and had to talk to. Wanting to go back to Colin, knowing he had some trick up his sleeve.

Finally, they said hi to almost everyone, and Juliana is free to socialise by herself, much to her father's dismay.

"Please don't leave me," Christopher begged holding onto his daughter's wrist.

"No you're a big kid, you gotta learn big kid things," Juliana explained to her father knowing every time the two stick together they make fun of everyone and Francine has to practically babysit them to keep them out of trouble.

Christopher pouted at his daughter's answer, dramatically storming off towards a group of people, who she assumed was his friends from high school.

Juliana looked inside to where Colin and his family were previously standing, but couldn't see them anymore. She peeked around staying in place, knowing she couldn't really be seen unless someone was looking for her. When she couldn't find him she sighed and was about to turn around when she felt a presence behind her.

"Guess who?" the voice asked covering his eyes.

"Oh, hard one, blonde hair, five foot nine, gorgeous to die for brown eyes and an amazing alcohol collection?" Juliana asked sarcastically, "And hot as hell?"