08

sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴏᴀɴs

Finally it's January, Chilton is starting back, and PSAT scores were just released. Juliana did well, but not as well as she wanted. Yes she knows she's higher than Paris, but when she thought it over, she realised she made the dumbest mistakes.

Over the last few months, since the dinner with Emily, life has been boring, especially since her and her dad chose to do a small birthday thing, with only the two of them, Tristin, Theo, Aubrey, Madeline, Louise and Paris. All Juliana did was hang out with her friends and father, play two tennis tournaments and won, duh, did some community service, went to the winter formal, and signed up for a few extra curricular so she doesn't have to cram everything next year, like everyone does, and she could actually enjoy her senior year with all her friends. She went to Boston to celebrate Christmas with her grandparents and Sherri, who she adores, and came back to Hartford, after a ton of begging, to party on New Years with her friends from Chilton and a specific few from Yale.

Sherri treats Juliana like her daughter, so she's like another mom for Juliana, along with Laura and Julia. She took Juliana shopping, got her the most perfect gifts for Christmas, took her on a spa retreat, and overall just helped her with everything.

Currently, it's the Saturday before the first week of Chilton's second term, and so far it's been boring, and everyone wants that to change. Usually everyone has some sort of drama to keep them entertained, whether it's people's boyfriends cheating on them, or their families disappearing or reappearing, or a parent being hunted by the FBI, which surprisingly happens a lot, or some stupid things, like fights between friends or in relationships. But right now every person at Chilton has a perfect life. Absolutely no drama.

And what's better to find or create drama then a party, curtesy our favorite and drama-filled friend group?

Madeline and Louise are over by Juliana, after two days of trying to convince Christopher to let them throw a party, but they failed, because Christopher is actually at home this week. So the backup plan two came into play. Party at the grandparents Hartford house who are currently in Boston.

Obviously, Francine and Straub said yes to Juliana having a few friends at their home for a few hours. That's the type of person they are, kind, loving, amazing, totally gullible. They made a deal with Juliana though. They made her promise to consider applying to Princeton, Harvard, Dartmouth, Columbia and Brown as safety schools, incase Yale doesn't accept her. But Juliana was already doing that, as well as applying to other schools such as Stanford, University of Southern California, Duke, NYU and others on the East Coast. Secretly she's already sorting out applications to a few in Europe and Canada, just for fun, but she doubts she'll get into those.

Older people in Juliana's society, like friend's parents, parent's friends and teachers, always tell her how perfect she and her application is perfect and there's no doubt she'll get into any school she applies for.

But she has a few months until she needs to send out her college applications and she has a few things she needs to finish before then, so for now, let's party.

It's seven and people should be arriving with in the hour, because absolutely no one comes on time for a party.

Juliana, Madeline and Louise are running around doing last minute touch up to the house, like placing the valuables in her grandparents locked room, and putting out drinks she knows her friends will love.

By the time it was nine, the house began to fill with teenagers, some already tipsy and others on their way to it.

Juliana, now having everyone she wants here, stood up in the middle of everyone, on a table to give her some height, with Tristin and Theo at each of her sides incase she trips or falls off.