Chapter Seven

Kayla^

•Kiley•

School starts tomorrow, and I just have this gut wrenching feeling that all the girls in my class and the grade a head of me will be all over Jayden.

Of course they will be Kiley... He's hot. And likeable.

I also feel sick because I think Julianna hates me now and will tell Colten all these lies about me. I know he won't believe them, but still. All this is because of stupid little Kayla.

Colten and I sat in his basement, watching TV. Well, sort of. We were both on our phones texting our neighbors. (Jayden and Julianna).

Honestly, I have no idea why they aren't over here right now. I guess we are just lazy?

"Hey, Kiley," The tone of Colten's voice makes my stomach drop.

"Yeah?" I ask, setting my phone to the side. My eyes lock with his as he moved his phone to my face. It's his conversation with Julianna.

Shit.

Colten: Really? That doesn't sound like Kiley.. I mean, I should know, I know her better then anyone else.

Julianna: I'm sorry to put you in this position, but Kayla told me that she talks shit about you all the time.

Okay. Girl drama is official the worst thing in the world.

"Colten, if you believe her, I will seriously--"

"Kiley, I don't. It's Kayla telling her this shit. Why would I believe it?" My heart stopped pounding as fast and I gave him a reliefed look.

"Sorry, it's just.. I don't know. Sorry," I look down and countine typing out a sentence to Jayden. Colten chuckles at me and kicks my thigh.

"Don't worry okay?" I nod, not looking up at him. Deciding to just brush it off, I sigh and open my mouth as if I was going to talk. Nothing came out though.

This is reality. She could ruin my life again.

"Cole, do you want to do something fun? Just you and me?" I felt like doing something with my best friend. We haven't hung out really since those really attractive people moved in next door.

"You know what, I'd like that. Let's go, um... Let's gooo swimming!"

Oh great. Bring on the swimming competition.

*

We arrived at the swimming pool in town at about 3:30. It is now 4 and the sun is still out and shinning bright.

Colten has tried to beat me in doing bunch of back flips off the diving board. It didn't work though, because by the second backflip he always ended up belly flopping. And I, dying of laughter.

As of now, we are sitting in the shallow end just taking in the sun.
Splashing each other here and there; barley talking.

"I had fun, did you?" I said while talking my hair out of my pony tail. Colten nods, swishing the water back and forth with his feet.

"I actually did, well I always do when I'm with you," He winks and I give him a cheesy smile.

"You little suck up, I know you are only saying that because you basically drowned me today."