Chapter Nineteen

I edited my cover :)

-Kiley-

The kiss lasted a total of 28 seconds. Enough time for my mind to explode in multiple ways. My best friend kissed me. The best kiss I have ever had, and it was amazing. I now understand what people mean when they say 'sparks fly'. Because I know they did when our lips touched.

Standing in front of him, I had no idea what to do. Do I say something? Do I run away? Do I confess my feelings?

The kiss was great, but now my mind was flooding with questions. And my heart was beating out of my throat. I was nervous as hell because all  Colten was doing was standing there. Smirking. The most cockiest smirk I have ever seen in his lips.

Did I do something? Did he think the kiss was bad? He obviously has to feel something towards me if he was the one to kiss me.

Come on Colten, say something.

"Wow," he shuttered out. His eyes fell to the floor, I watched has his smirk turned into a smile. A smile that I haven't seen this kid wear in years. Did I do this?

My arms fell from my chest to my sides as I looked down as well. The feeling inside me right now made me smile, and just thinking of Colten smiling, I smiled even more.

It was silent for about a minute before I noticed he was looking at me. Like he was studying me. He's never done this before, actually nobody has done this before. For some reason it made my stomach tingle.

"What are you looking at?" I said, barley above a whisper. I couldn't get the feel of his lips off mine so quickly. It distracted me, and the fact that the whole thing kept replying in my head.

This time he brushed a loose hair and placed it behind my ear, ever so lightly. His fingers barley touched my face. His hand dropped, while his smile grew larger.

"Someone I should have kissed a long time ago," this made my heart thump even faster. How could one person do this to you?

I didn't speak. I didn't know what to say back. This whole situation didn't seem real. At all. Maybe I was dreaming, I had to be. Slowly moving my hand to my arm and pinching hard, all I did was let out a "owe". This made Colten chuckle.

I need answers.

"Why did you kiss me," I said.

"Technically you kissed me back so why did you kiss me?" He said, his dreamy eyes made my knees go weak. Damn it Colten. Why is it all of a sudden I am seeing my best friend as this hot dreamy crush? This isn't what I planned.

This is just one big bad idea.

This kiss just fucked everything up.

Our friendship is ruined.

"I--," I started, but cut myself off. I had to leave.

*

-Rider-

"THE SONGS ON THE RADIO ARE OKAY!! BUT MY TASTE IN MUSIC IS YOUR FACE," Taking a deep breath in quick I keep jumping on my bed. "AND IT TAKES A SONG TO COME AROUND TO SHOW YOU HOW! SHES THE TEAR IN MY HEART--"

Suddenly I was cut off by Kiley rushing into my room. Her eyes were red and cheeks were blotchy. For a second she gave me a 'what the hell' look, but went back to being sad.

"YOU KNOW WHOS THE FUCKING TEAR IN MY HEART RIDER? COLTEN LABRANT THATS WHO!" Kiley screams wide eyed and basically belly flops onto my bed and begins to groan. When I say groan, I mean constant groaning.

Falling onto my butt next to her, my hair fell in front of my face. It was honestly funny, but Kiley couldn't see it because she looked like a big mop.