Pain From The Past

Emily POV

We were now on the jet back to DC. We caught the guy in Chicago and everyone was exhausted. But Aaron was acting strange. He was constantly on his phone calling someone.

I got up and sat next to him.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi." He replied giving me a quick kiss on the lips.

"Ok, what is it?"

"What's what?"

"You've been acting strange. Who have you been on the phone with?"

"It's a surprise. Just relax." He said grabbing my hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we got back to Quantico, I went to go see Garcia.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey Em."

"Soooo, have you talked to him yet?"

"No."

"Ughh. Penelope, you have to tell him how you feel."

"I can't. What if he doesn't like me and then he doesn't want to be friends anymore. I mean I rather be friends than nothing. And to even think about that chance, scares me. I can't take that risk."

"You can't possibly know what will happen if you don't take the risk. You never know, maybe he feels the same way." I said hugging Garcia and leaving her office.

Garcia POV

So I decided to take Emily's advice and went to go see Dereck. He was sitting on his desk talking with JJ. He was so handsome and cute. JJ's phone started ringing and she went to go answer it. He noticed me and smiled. I got nervous but walked over there.

"Hey Baby girl. What's up?"

"Ugghh, I just wanted to talk to you, I mean ask you something. No I want to talk to you."

"OK, what is it?"

"Well I don't know how to exactly tell you this. I mean I have wanted to for a really long time. I have no idea how your going to react or if you still want to be my friend. But I want you to, unless you feel uncomfortable. I hope not but......"

Then he leaned forward and kissed me on the lips. I know it will sound like a story from Disney but it felt magical. He was a great kisser.

"Baby girl, finally."

"What do you mean?"

"Why do you think I always mess around with you and call you names. Because I love you Penelope."

"I like you too Dereck I al- wait, did you say you loved me?"

"You heard correctly."

Then he kissed me again. It reminded me of the first day he called me "Baby Girl" that was when I fell in love with him. He was so gorgeous.

He took me by my arm and we walked out of the BAU together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emily POV

I was in the bathroom when I got a text from Aaron. He wanted me to meet him in the bullpen. He had a surprise for me. So I walked over and he was standing there smiling at me.

"What is it?" I asked

"Look, after what you told me about how you felt about being a mother and all the feelings for Declan, I couldn't just stand there and do nothing. I wanted you to have a type of closure."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you said that Declan was important to you. And you had no idea when you would see him again. Well, now, you won't ever have to wonder?"

Then Aaron stepped towards the door and told someone to come in.

I was blinded by tears that were in my eyes. He was standing in front of me. The little boy that I had loved more than my own life. He looked the same. With his blonde hair, and those blue eyes.

He ran to me and hugged me. I held him, it was so unreal. Was this real, or another dream?

Aaron slowly walked out of the room giving Declan and I some time alone.

We sat down, I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

"Hi." I said nervously.

"Hey."

"How are you?"

"I'm good."

"That's great. I'm happy for you."

"Thanks."

"Look Declan, I wanted to, apologize. I wasn't really there for you, and I'm sorry."

He looked away and clenched his jaw. I knew that he would be upset. He wiped away a tear from his face.

"Please Declan, talk to me." I said turning him to face me.

"You left. I thought that after what happened to dad, that we would be able to live together. But you just let them take me away."

"No, Declan. They took you from me. They said it was for the best." I got closer to him and held his hand. "Declan, I wanted to be close to you. I wanted to take care of you, but I couldn't."

He looked at me with sad eyes. "I thought you didn't love me anymore, that you didn't think of me."

"Declan I thought of you everyday after that. I wondered where you were and if you were OK. If your family was treating you good. I hated being away from you. I am so sorry."

He started crying and he put his head against my chest. I let out a long deep breath and hugged him.

I bent down and looked him in his eyes.

"I promise you, I will never leave you again. I don't care what I have to do, your staying with me."

He smiled and we talked more about some of his friends and the family he was living with. He wasn't exactly happy with them. After talking with Declan a little more we decided to go eat but first I went to go talk to Aaron.

I ran over to Aaron and kissed him more passionately than I ever had. We were both out of breath and most of my lipstick was gone.

"Wow, so you must be happy." Said Aaron.

"You have no idea. Thank you for doing this."

"You needed this."

"Were about to go eat. Want to come?"

"I would love to but I want to go eat with Jack."

"OK."

"Oh wait before you go, you should read this over and fill it out."

He handed me some papers and I read it. I couldn't believe it. They were adoption papers.

"What?"

"I spoke to protective services and adoption services. They said that it's ok for you to adopt him. Of course you would need to talk to his parents but it could work out."

"Have I ever tell you how lucky I am to have you?"

"Mmmm, you mentioned it once, but you could tell me again."

We kissed and I took Declan to go eat. Everything was coming to place for now.

(Sorry I haven't written for a while. School sucks ass. I will try to write again soon.)