Hate and Pain

Emily POV

We landed in LA and we went downtown to the homicide unit. Clay was there, and he introduced himself as an Agent of the FBI assigned to the case. We both knew that he wasn't assigned to the case, he assigned himself to the case.

We went through the profile and his past victims. "So the Agent who was put undercover, who is she?" Asked Morgan.

I looked at Clay and we made eyecontact. He nodded my way. "The Agent would like to remain separate from the case. She has been through a lot, and doesn't want any further contact with Matthews."

"Well, she is our only way to get to him. Maybe she left something out that she can tell us now. We need to talk to her."

"That won't be possible."

"Look Agent Clay. This is important. We need to talk to her. Or else more girls will die." Said Aaron.

He was right. If I didn't come forward more girls were going to die. Come on Emily, open your mouth. Talk. Tell them the truth. But my mouth wouldn't open
Clay saw my hesitation and gave me the 'don't say a thing' look.

"Ok, I will try to talk to her. But it won't be easy. She will most likely not want to come to the station so I would have to go to her home." He said.

"I'll go with you. Maybe she will feel more comfortable with a female around." I said.

"Ok." Said Aaron.

Aaron POV

I wanted to trust Emily, I really did. But come on, those looks between her and Agent Clay. You can't just ignore that. This was killing me.

Emily POV

I got in Clays car and he drove.

"So, are you going to ask me any questions?" I asked.

"I'm not going to ask you. I'm going to ask Karen." He answered.

"Clay, come on. I am Karen."

"No. Right now your tough Emily Prentiss. You won't talk about what happened to you and pushes people away. I need to talk to Karen Ruiz. I need to get into her head. And there is only one way to do it."

We kept driving. We just got off the freeway onto Lynwood. He made a couple turns and stopped in front of an old abandoned house. My heart beat stopped. I felt cold and scared.

Clay got out of the car and came around my side. He opened the door for me. "Why did you bring me here?" I asked.

"Because I need to talk to Karen. Even if that means going back to where it all started."

He grabbed my hand and we walked to the porch. He grabbed a key from his pocket and opened the door. Familiar smells and feelings came back to me. Why is he doing this?

He opened a door from under us. That used to be covered with a carpet. We went downstairs and all those memories came back.

"Tell me what happened. From the moment you stepped into this house. Emily, what happened?" He asked.

And I told him, I told him my story....

FLASHBACK TO 10 YEARS AGO

"I'm glad you finally agreed to go to dinner with me." Said Matthews closing the door behind him. "Sit. Would you like something to drink?"

"Wine would be nice." I said sitting down on his uncomfortable couch.

"Anything for the lady. I only have white wine, is that ok?"

"That's fine." He went into the kitchen and I looked around his home. He didn't have any photos of family or friends. Just awards and trophies. He liked to remind himself of his success. And he didn't like his past, he didn't like the kid he used to be.
He liked to see his achievements. It soothed him to know he was better than most people.