The Break-up

Emily POV

I woke up the next morning with a huge headache. I had to figure out a way to break up with Chris. I called him so we could meet up for breakfast.

"Hey, Chris." I said

"Hey, sweetheart. How's my baby?" He asked.

"I'm all right. Can we meet up for breakfast. I really need to talk to you."

"Yeah, I actually want to talk to you to."

"Ok, I'll see you in a little bit."

I got dressed and hurried to meet Chris at IHop. He was there before I was.

"Hey how are you?" Chris said giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm fine."

"I ordered you a coffee for now."

"Thanks." I was about to drink the coffee but I couldn't. It didn't look so good. My stomach started churning.

"What's wrong? I thought you loved the coffee from here?"

"I do, it's just that..... ok Chris, I really need to tell you something-"

"But, before you do, I need to ask you something." Then he pulled a little box out of his pocket, and knelt down on one knee. "Emily Prentiss, will you marry me?"

I couldn't believe it. Chris actually wanted to marry me. Tears came to my eyes, how could I have cheated on him. He will never forgive me. I can't do this. But before I could tell him anything, people started noticing. Clapping and whistling. This isn't helping. I'm going to make him look like an idiot.

"Chris, please. Don't do this, not here." I pleaded.

"But, don't you love me?"

"Chris, that's why I asked you to meet me here today. I am so sorry. I don't love you. I can't."

"Why can't you?"

"Because I'm in love with somebody else."

"Wha-what? How? What did I do? What didn't I do?"

"No, it's not you. I have always been in love with him. I guess that you were just a way for me to try to forget about him. I'm so sorry."

"Just leave, now. "

"Ok." I ran out of IHOP with tears stinging in my eyes. Even though I didn't love Chris, I really did care about him. I drove to the BAU with my eyes puffed up.

I walked straight to my desk with my head down. I didn't feel like talking to anyone.

Hotch POV

I looked out my window and saw Prentiss walking to her desk. Her head was down. It looked like she had been crying. Was she still thinking about what I said. I hadn't meant it. Then I saw Morgan approaching her desk.

"Hey Princess. What's up with you?" Asked Morgan.

"Not now Morgan. Just leave me alone." Answered Prentiss.

"Hey chill. What bee stung you. I'm just trying to make conversation."

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm just not feeling well."

"Do you need anything?" Asked JJ.

"I'll  be ok."

"Prentiss, my office." I said.

Emily POV

I went up to Hotch's office. I was not in the mood to talk to him. What did he want now?

"Yes Sir."

"If you're not feeling well, you should go home."

"I'll be fine."

"Prentiss just go home."

"Is  that an order?"

"No, it's a suggestion."

"Then, I don't have to."

"Emily what's going on?"

"That is none of your concern. I will be fine. So if you'll excuse me."

I left Hotch's office and went to my desk. This was going to be a long day.