Fights

*SOME SEXUAL PARTS*

Emily POV

I stayed playing poker until 2 in the morning. I won of course. I headed out lighting a cigarette when a black car showed up in front of me.

"Get in." Said Clay.

"How did you know where I was?"

"It doesn't matter. Get in. We need to talk."

I got in his car and he drove me to his hotel room. I sat down and drank scotch.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked

"Did you take your kids to your mom's?"

"Yes."

"Good. So they are safe. Now your husband. We need to keep him safe to." When he said that all I could think about was him with Beth. They were probably rolling around in our bed laughing at me.

"My husband and I are not talking exactly at the moment."

"Why?"

"It's complicated. He's a fucking bastard. I should leave him." I said with a small laugh taking a sip of scotch.

"That's actually not a bad idea."

"What do you mean?"

"Robert is going to hurt anyone you love. Including your husband. But if you separate he won't bother. Plus you also get the satisfaction of leaving your bastard of a husband."

I thought about it, and it didn't sound bad. Even though I hated Aaron,I couldn't let him get killed because of me. "Go get me those divorce papers."

Hotch POV

After Emily walked into my office and saw Beth, she looked hurt. Now she knows how I felt. I went to have dinner with Beth, we kissed a little, but I wasn't enjoying myself. I felt bad for hurting Emily. I left Beth and went home, but no one was there. I stayed up for Emily but she never showed up.

I went to work the next morning feeling like shit.

Emily POV

I had the divorce papers in my bag and I walked into my mom's house. The kids were leaving going to school. I hugged both boys and went to see Jayne. My mother was playing with her.

"Mother." I said walking in. I grabbed Jayne and put her on my lap. "Hi baby. How were you for grandma? Momma missed you so much." I said blowing kisses on her stomach.

"Oh Emily your here. Did Clay go find you?"

"Yes. And I'm getting a divorce."

"Emily you can't.

I explained the whole situation and what Clay said. "No. I know you are furious at him, but you can't leave him."

"Why not?"

"Because you have kids together. What will your kids think. And even though he's being an idiot, he is still your husband. Underneath all of that is the man you married. Fight for him. Get him out."

I thought about what she said. But I had to keep Aaron safe. I needed him to stay alive, just in case I were to die. I said goodbye and went to the house. I was going to wear pants and a shirt. Then I started thinking how scared and afraid I'd be talking to him. I'd probably cry again. No! Stop! Why am I being such a cry baby? I can do this, with a straight face. But not as me, as Rachel Conner. I needed her to get me through this.

And like a light switch I went from scared Emily Prentiss to strong Rachel Conner. I picked a black dress that showed off my curves. I have to play the same game he's playing. I put on a jacket and glasses. I got the divorce papers with a pen. I never wore this to work. Time to be different Emily.