Mistakes

Emily POV

I made Aaron sleep on the couch that night. There was no way in hell I was sleeping in the same bed with him after the embarrassment he put me through.

When I woke up in the morning I got Jayne and the boys up. They were eating breakfast when Aaron came out of the bathroom.

"Emily. We need to talk." He said in an angry voice.

I looked over at the children and smiled. "Guys. Time to get ready for school." The boys went upstairs while I cleaned Jayne up. "What do you want Aaron?"

"What the hell is going on between you and Morgan!?!" He yelled.

"Hey! You better watch your language." I said pointing at Jayne. She had no idea what was going on. She was just sitting on her high chair sucking her thumb. "And there is nothing going on between me and Morgan."

"Then why were you flirting with him!?!"

"If you haven't noticed that's how Morgan and I get along! We mess around like that. We always have. I don't see Morgan like that. He is my friend."

"I don't believe you! You cheated on me once why not do it again. God I trusted you Emily! You swore you loved me. That was a lie. How long have you lied to me! Is Jayne even my daughter?"

I was shocked and furious. How could he question our own daughter. I slapped him as hard as I could on his cheek. I had tears running down my face. "You Bastard!" I grabbed Jayne and took her to her nursery and layed her down.

I went into the bedroom got a pack of smokes and went into the bathroom. I locked the door and opened the window. I lit the cigarette and put it to my lips. I inhaled slowly and exhaled. This felt amazing. Why did I stop?

FLASHBACK TO 10 YEARS AGO

I was playing Poker in Atlantic city and I was winning big. I had a cigarette in one hand and a glass of scotch on the other. I was playing 2 other guys at the table.

"Wow your going for a flush aren't you?" Said a man sitting next me. He was pretty handsome. He looked succesful.

"Yup."

"And the lady wins with a Royal Flush." Said the dealer.

"Wow. Your good." Said the man getting closer to me.

"No. Your good. I'm great." I said with a smile. I had gotten better at Poker these past couple of months and I was great now.

"Well. Can I buy you a drink?" He asked.

I was going to turn him down like I usually do. But I was feeling lucky and I was in a good mood. Why not? "Sure. What's good?"

"I hear the Bourbon is good."

I nodded and he motioned for the waiter to bring us our drinks. "Carlos Nava." He said extending his hand.

"Rachel Conner." I said shaking his hand. Rachel Conner was a name I made up. Rachel Conner was strong, independent, and didn't give a damn about what anybody said. Emily Prentiss was timid and afraid. Afraid to be alone in her own apartment. Afraid to be touched by a man. She needed to go to therapy twice a week to help her with her assault. She was afraid of the dark and hated herself. That was mostly the reason she started pretending to be Rachel Conner. She needed a way out of the life she was living.

"Look Rachel, I don't want to Bullshit you. So I'm just going to come out and say it. You are the sexiest women here tonight. And I know you know that. Look I'm not looking for a relationship. I'm the type of guy to just screw a girl one night and leave her the next morning. So, before I try to charm you, I just want to let you know. So, should I keep going at you, or move on to someone else?"