Setting it Straight

Hotch POV

I woke up to my beautiful Emily in my arms. She was officially now my wife. Yesterday was one of the craziest days. Even though at the end of the day, it was amazing. I still hated Chris for making Emily cry. He was going to pay for that.

Emily started moving her head, so I knew she was waking up. "Morning sleepy head." I said while removing the hair from her face.

"Morning." She said stretching out her arms.

"Ready for the big day, time to move."

"Mmmmm, I'm tired."

"I know, but as soon as we get everything in the new house, we'll go eat somewhere. Anywhere you want, OK."

"Ok."

We got up and Emily went to go take a shower. The kids were still asleep so I made some French toast with coffee. Everyone came down and we all ate.

Then Jack started asking all kinds of questions about the move. He started asking about the house, the baby, and his school. Today was going to be a crazy day.

Emily POV

I was really nervous about the move, but I knew everything was going to be OK.

I heard a honk from outside, it was the men who were going to be driving the truck to take our things. They started carrying things out of Aaron's place. Wow, everything was moving so quickly.

I took Declan and Jack in my car. Aaron said that he'd meet me at the house in a couple of hours. That he has something to take care of. Probably something about work. I took the boys and we stopped to get ice cream.

When we got to the house, it was so big. I had forgotten how it had looked like. The kids immediately went to the backyard to go play. I sat down on the counter and saw all the things I had to unpack. Shit. This is so much work. Then my phone rang, it was JJ.

"Hey JJ." I said

"Hey, how's the move?"

"Tiring, there are so many things to unpack."

"Well, where is your big strong husband?"

"He went to go take care of something, I assume it has something to do with work."

"Well, if you want, I can meet you with the girls and we could come help you."

"Oh my God, JJ, you are a lifesaver."

"I know. I'll see you in a little bit."

I was so happy JJ and the girls are coming over. But, I couldn't get something out of my head. If the girls are coming over, then there is no case. So where the hell is Aaron?

Hotch POV

I was sitting in my car outside of Chris's apartment. This son of a bitch was going to pay.

I banged on his door, I could smell booze and cigarettes from inside.

He opened the door angrily and looked surprised to see me. "What the hell do you want?!?"

I didn't even answer him. I shoved him into his apartment and slammed the door. I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and punched him in his face. Blood started gushing out. I threw him on the floor and kicked him over and over. Poor bastard never had a chance. He just coughed up some more blood and layed there.
"Don't you ever threaten Emily or my kid again. Do you understand me? Or next time, you'll be leaving your apartment on a gurney in a body bag!" I yelled and left his apartment.

I drove home, I needed to be with my wife.

Emily POV

The girls had helped out a lot. I was so grateful to have them as my friends. But I was still worried about Aaron. I had called the BAU and asked if he was there, and I was told that he didn't come in. So where the hell is he and what is he doing. I don't want my mind to go to that place, where he can be doing wrong. I trusted him, but I was just really nervous.

I heard the key in the lock and the door opened. Aaron walked in with Chinese food with him. Jack ran to the door to hug his dad. Declan was with me in the kitchen. The girls started heading out and we went to eat the food in the dinning room.

It was pretty quiet while we ate, the kids excused themselves. I had to know where he was.

"So, baby. Where did you go today? You were gone for a pretty long time." I said

"Yeah, I know. I took longer than I thought. Time just went by, I was doing paperwork."

"Aaron, I love you."

"I love you to."

"OK, so please don't lie to me."

Hotch POV

She knew I was lying. How?

"What do you mean?" I asked

"I called the office, you didn't go to work today. So where did you go?"

"Are you spying on me?"

"No. But JJ and the girls came over so I was curious on why exactly you were at work if there was no case. Especially because you took so long. You didn't check in today. So where were you?"

"I had to take care of some things."

"What things? Aaron. Please talk to me." She said grabbing my hands.

"I was just going to go talk to him, but I lost my mind."

"What? Who?"

"Chris."

"Aaron, what did you do?"

"I was pissed that he had hurt you."

"Aaron, what happened?"

"I just taught him to never threaten you or the baby. Ever."

"Well what did he say?"

"Well if I remember correctly he said, Ow ow my head. Yeah that's pretty much it."

Emily POV

I couldn't believe that he did that. I was so mad at him. But at the same time, I was touched that Aaron protected me.

I got closer to him and kissed him passionately.

"So I'm not in trouble?" He asked

"Oh, your in trouble. But, you did it for a good reason."

We kissed and watched some TV. It was getting late so we went to go put the kids in bed.

When we were in the hallway Aaron started moving toward the den to unpack some more things. I grabbed his arm and brought him to the bedroom. He was definitely not working tonight.