Chapter 2

"Annie!!"

See what did I tell you? If it wasn't for the flower pot crashing down on the patio below, my mom would have gone through her whole day, not even mentioning my name.

"Annie Baker, you better answer me!" My mom yelled up the stairs, I rolled my eyes and groan, my mom's tone of voice was getting more persistent.

I grabbed a ponytail ring and put all my thick auburn hair up in a messy bun and ran down the stairs.

When I entered the kitchen, I was met by my mom, her perfectly applied makeup face had a scowl on it, I gave her my best innocent look

She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Did you break that flower pot?" She asked pointing at a pretty big mess of dirt and clay, outside the glass door, on the patio.

"Nope, the window did," I said casually grabbing an apple out of the fruit basket.

My mom massaged her temples like she was getting a headache.

"Annie, please I don't have time for this," she looked at her watch. "I have a meeting with a client." Then realizing what I had said, she gave me a puzzled look.

"How did the window break the flower pot?"

"I don't know, I opened the window, and there it was, I'm not the idiot that hung it there!" I said taking a bite out of my apple and leaving the room with my mom confused and speechless. I loved how I was able to confuse her, I had a knack for doing it.

I met my dad in the middle of the living room he was equally dressed up like my mom.

"What was that noise I heard?" he asked while he finished putting on his tie.

Oh, that was nothing daddy, can I go out and buy a new outfit?" I asked putting on my best puppy dog eyes.

"Annie, you have hundreds of outfits, and just yesterday you went shopping." He said looking at his watch.

"Please daddy?" I said, I started making a pouting face

"Oh baby girl, no no don't cry." He said reaching into his wallet and handing me his credit card.

I reached up and gave him a quick hug and kiss and a big smile, as he and mom left the house to go to work.

I ran upstairs to my room to get ready to go to the mall.