Chapter 12

It had been three weeks since the fight. Being grounded sucks big time! I had caught up on all my school work. Summer school was a pain in my ass literally. Desiree and I avoided each other completely. Mom was not budging one bit on her grounding me, no matter how many times I begged to have a lighter sentence. I had never seen her more determined than to ruin my summer. Amber tried many times to come over and see me but was turned away by either mom or Liam. I looked around my room trying to figure out what to do on this Saturday morning to make the time go by quicker. Liam had band duties as he called them, he was still trying to do damage control with the press and his management. Somehow me getting in a fight had been leaked to the media and well with me being Liam's girlfriend it was hot news. I tossed the covers off and walked downstairs. Mom was busy on her cellphone talking legal jargon into it, to someone, most likely a prosecutor or judge. She gave me a small smile, when she saw me enter the living room, then got serious again with the caller on the phone.

"I don't care what the prosecutor says, the evidence is there..." she stopped for a minute listening to the other end.

"No, I will not go for another continuance. All he is doing is stalling. We need to show this guy that the law is not his toy, he cannot twist the court system like silly putty!" Mom said as she grabbed her keys, kissed me on the forehead, and walked out the door.

Wow that must be a really important case, she didn't even remember to remind me that I am grounded, and telling me, remember no going anywhere, or Liam will find out!

That was her usual speech before she would leave. Kind of nice to not be reminded every day.

I turned on the tv and was shocked to see celebrity news about me.

(Liam's girlfriend brutally assaulting another person, criminal record? We will find out in time. Meanwhile, Liam had this to say about his girlfriend's actions. Not sure how this leaked to the press, but we will find out how, as to the allegations we have no comment)

I watched as Liam pushed his way through the crowd. Away from the news cameras as many questions were fired at him. I could not believe that what I had done, made a big impact on him and his band. That was negative attention he was getting. I switched off the tv feeling really bad. I had to be good from now on, especially in public. I had to make up for all the trouble that I had caused. I jumped as my cellphone rang startling me.

"Hello," I answered, not recognizing the number, I was hoping that the press hadn't somehow got my phone number.

"Annie, this is Liam. Are you still at home?" he asked.

I was shocked, how dare he imply I was somewhere else. Well, you have snuck out many times! The voice in my head said.

"Yeah, where else would I be!?" I said realizing I had gotten an attitude. I took a deep breath and let it out, calming myself down. "I mean, yes I am at home, Liam," I said trying to smooth things over, and hoping he didn't hear the attitude in my voice the first time.

"Good, I hope I can trust that what you are saying is true."

Ok, that hurt! But it wasn't his fault he didn't trust me. I had snuck out and lied to him numerous times.

"Ok, I need you to get showered, dressed up nicely, and meet me at your front door in an hour. I already cleared it with your mom. I can't tell you on the phone what is going on, just please do what I tell you."

"Ok Liam," I said still confused with what he just told me.

"I love you, Annie," Liam said then disconnected the call.

I stared at the phone. He said it again.

I could feel emotions inside me that I had not felt before. I was confused about what I was feeling. I checked the clock on the wall and realized I had wasted ten minutes. I ran upstairs and showered, dressed only in a towel, I went through my closet.