Chapter 8

As soon as we entered the restaurant, the tantalizing smells made my stomach growl. I smoothed down my yellow sundress. Liam took my arm in his and led me to a table in the corner. The occupants at the table were squabbling over some song they had written. Liam cleared his throat and all the boys looked at Annie.

"Hey guys, this is Annie. My girlfriend."

"Nice to meet you, Annie," Zayn said.

"That there is Zayn, Louis, Niall, and Harry," Liam said pointing out each of the boys.

"Dang Liam, how do you always get the pretty ones?" Niall asked, checking Annie out.

Liam and I sat down and engaged in the conversation. I looked at the menu, glad it was breakfast, so I wouldn't have to worry about my onion problem. I still remembered my first time being out with Liam and how I acted. I also remembered when I got my first spanking. I certainly was learning to control my tongue, well at least sometimes.

All of sudden my cellphone rang. I pulled it out and answered it.

"Hello."

"Annie, this is your mom. I just got your grades from school. They are not good. I have talked with your dad and we are sending you to summer school, you start in four days."

I felt my temper rising. "FOUR days? Mother, you can't!" I yelled.

"Annie, this is not up for debate, you are going! End of story."

I yelled at my mother on the phone, attracting unwanted attention to our table. Everyone had stopped talking, Liam kept elbowing me, but I ignored him and continued to yell at my mom.

Mom yelled back at me. Not giving in.

"YOU are going, Annie. If I have to drag you there!"

I screamed at my phone and slammed it down on the table, which earned me a painful pinch to my thigh from Liam. I jumped a little and rubbed where he had pinched me. I looked up into his eyes and he was glaring at me.

"What was that about? Actually, there is nothing that excuses you for talking to your mom that way! What has gotten into you?

"My mom said I have to go to summer school," I say quietly.

"Why?" Liam asked.

I had no idea how to tell him I failed half of my classes. I was still mad, about that phone call. It wasn't his business what happened between my mom and me, that was between her and me.

"It doesn't matter why, I'm not going! End of discussion." I said taking a sip of my water.

Liam crossed his arms and looked at me.

"Excuse me? I will tell you when a discussion is closed. Annie, why do you have to go to summer school? And YES you are going!"

I stayed silent, staring at my placemat, hoping he would get tired of waiting for me to answer and drop the subject.

"Annie, answer me."

"Annie?" he said with irritation.

"You might want to answer him, he isn't very patient," Harry said still looking at the menu, the other boys were acting like they were browsing the menu too, but clearly listening to everything.

"ANNIE?" Liam nearly yelled.

"Fine! I flunked school! I hate school!" I yelled at him.

Liam held his breath to calm down, his girlfriend flunked school? At that time, the waitress showed up to take our order, we all ordered our food. When the waitress walked away, Liam leaned down to my ear and spoke so only I could hear.

"You are going to go to summer school, your choice if you go with a sore bottom or not. But you are going. End of discussion, unless you want to discuss this later over my knee."

I felt my stomach plummet. I felt defeated