Chapter 32

Annie's POV:
It had been several weeks since I had been in trouble and I had been trying my best to keep it that way. My doctors said I was getting better with every growing day, although I was still blind I knew I could only do so well without surgery. I couldn't stand not being able to see anything. It was all darkness all the time. I longed for the day I could see a sunrise or sunset. Even being able to see my parents and Liam's faces again. The surgery would help me out so much! There were just two problems. One this surgery cost a ton of money. Like a lot. And even though both of my parents were lawyers, they still didn't make enough to cover the cost. Where would I even get that kind of money from? I couldn't ask Liam he has already done so much for me. It just feels wrong to ask him. And two the doctor had said there was a 50/50 chance of it working. What if the odds go against me I stay blind forever. Never being able to see Liam or my friends or my future kids. It was just too much for me to bear. I began banging my head on the wall in frustration. It wasn't fair! Suddenly I heard Liam's voice, "hey, Hey what's wrong?" he asked me coming towards me, putting his arms around me and cradling me in them.

I really did not trust my emotions right now so I decided to keep quiet. I knew he didn't like it when I didn't respond to him, but I was worried that my temper would get the best of me and I would lash out at him in frustration. Besides, he didn't need to know I was worried about the money and the surgery. He'd only insist on paying for the surgery and while that would be nice and appreciated, he didn't need to do that. "Annie?" he said gently " What's wrong? You know you can tell me anything, baby girl. I promise." I sighed and said "Nothing Liam," with a hint of agitation. "I don't want to talk about it." I didn't have to have eyes to know that Liam was frowning and glancing at me, full of worry. To my surprise, Liam dropped it and instead squeezed my hand making me feel guilty.

Louis POV
While Liam was spending a quiet afternoon with Annie in her room. I decided that I would check on Amber. I walked the short distance down the hall to her room, I could just see into the room. I could see that she was still watching tv, and all of a sudden she began to swear at the tv, not sure what she was swearing about as I couldn't see the tv, she had been on edge for the last several days especially when Liam forbid her to see Annie, said it would just upset her and that could potentially set her back in her healing. Amber had not taken that news at all very well and had become very vocal in her anger about it, and now she was yelling at the tv as if that was going to help. I knocked on the door tired of hearing the swearing and cursing from inside the room. She yelled for me to come in. I went in and sat down on the chair rubbing my hands on my knees, not sure where to begin. "So why are you here?" Amber finally asked, breaking the silence. I leaned forward and got an idea. "Well, I know you don't remember a lot about the accident, but I was hoping maybe you could close your eyes and try and remember. Amber looked at me skeptically and frowned. "I'll be here the whole time with you," I said, trying to reassure her. Amber looked at the tv then at me, then back to the tv.

"Close my eyes? Really? She asked in a snarky tone. I grit my teeth feeling myself lose patience. and said "Yes, Amber, it could help." I had to bite my tongue or I was going to end up getting answers out of her the way that Liam does with Annie. "Hell no," she said crossing her arms and glaring at me. I am not going through that again. I sighed ignoring the fact that she just cursed yet again. "Don't you want to remember enough so the police and everyone will have the answers that they want and will leave you alone?" Amber looked down and bit her lower bottom lip. She did remember something. The way she looked was like the cat that ate the canary she knew something and she wasn't telling anyone. "What?" I asked. getting agitated you do remember something. What is it? Amber huffed and said, "Nothing! It's none of your damn business Loius." I raised one of my eyebrows at her, I could seriously feel myself getting angry, and I told myself to calm down, but I knew that if I got one more snarky response I was going to lose it. Amber bit her lower lip again and looked at me sheepishly "If I tell you what happened then you have to promise not to be mad." I paused, unaware of how to take this. Not get mad, geez little lady I'm two minutes from completely losing my temper. I breathed in a couple of times to calm my feelings. "Sure thing," I said looking at her quizzingly. She continued to chew on the lower part of her lip before responding super fast. "WellIkindofjerkedthesteeringwheelwhichcausedtheaccident." I burrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Wait, slow down. Tell me again what happened?"
"I-um well kind of jerked the steering wheel which caused the accident," she whispered, avoiding my gaze. I didn't mean to I swear! It was an accident. It just all happened so fast. I rubbed my hands through my hair. I couldn't believe I was hearing this. this was a lot to take in. "Amber," I finally said. Y-yeah?" She asked "This is not your fault. It was an accident, as you said." "B-but I jerked the steering wheel-she protested, her eyes watering up with unshed tears. I realized that there might have been a problem with the way Annie was driving and most likely Amber had grabbed the steering wheel to correct it, but in doing so, caused the car to flip upside down."You didn't mean to Ambs." Even skilled drivers make that mistake sometimes. I immediately felt a rush of compassion for Amber. She felt so guilty, no doubt. But it wasn't her fault; it was a mistake, yes but it wasn't intentional. Accidents happen. I got up and immediately hugged her, and to my surprise, she let me. We sat on her hospital bed for several minutes, just us hugging eachother. Then she pulled away and said," You want to know why Annie was driving her mom's car illegally." I nodded, forgetting that part of the story, waiting for her to continue. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes and said "I was drunk, -we both were. But I think I was drunker than she was. She only had 1 beer when I had lost count on how many I had consumed. Annie wanted to get back home before her mom did, so she made me leave against my will. I was even escorted ouy of the party by some boys at the party that put me in the car. All Annie was trying to do was get me dropped off back at my house and get back to her bouse before her mom did and would notice the car was gone. So in the car, and in my drunken state, I jerked the steering wheel. Upon hearing this I became outraged. Trying to keep a calm voice I said, "So Annie was trying to bring you back and since you weren't ready to go home, you grabbed the steering wheel and made the car flip?
"Yes, she growled. I fucked up! She yelled. " I closed my eyes on hearing her cuss. Hey, I'm just trying to put together the pieces, Amber. Let's not yell here, please. Both our ears will be bleeding" I replied. "Fine" she snapped. "I'll use my inside voice. But I really don't remember anything else," she continued, closing her eyes as I had suggested. "Just blood, so much blood. And screaming. God there was so much screaming, and glass shattering everywhere. Then complete silence
I was so worried Annie and I were gonna die. That the paramedics wouldn't make it in time. Or that they would lose us on the way. I feel so guilty Louis. I just wish I could take it all back. If I had just gone with Annie, we could've made it home, unnoticed and unharmed." Well, maybe not unnoticed. As Liam seems to always find out what Annie has been up to. And for as long of drive it was to the party. Annie's mom would certainly notice the gas guage and that there is less gas in the car, I thought to myself. And you both definitely could've prevented all of this by not going in the first place, I thought but kept it to myself.

Thank you for reading the top part was mostly written by Abby and edited by me. This second part is all written by me. Enjoy!

Amber sat in silence twittling with her fingers on the edges of the sheet covering her.
Louis let her sit there, letting everything that she had said sink in. He was still really angry about Amber being drunk and grabbing the steering wheel, he knew that Annie had put up a fight, and desperately was trying to gain back control of the steering wheel when the car lost control and flipped over.
He knew that if Liam ever found out. There would be no one that could stop him from getting to Amber. No one still knew if Annie would remember the accident and what led up to it. As far as she could remember was waking up in the hospital, but if she ever did remember things would really end up badly for Amber.
No Louis thought no one is going to discipline Amber but him.

(Stay tuned for the next chapter lots going down.