Chapter 34

After trying for several minutes to get Loius to let Liam go see Amber, he relented, but he truly had to convince Louis that he would not lose his temper, no matter what came out of her mouth. Reluctantly Liam had to agree since it was the only way he was going to get the answers he needed to the questions he had. They quietly waited outside Amber's closed door. You could hear voices coming from inside the room. Two of the voices were Male and Liam could distinctly recognize the female voice. It was Amber and her voice seemed to get louder by the minute. Liam stepped closer to the door so he could hear better. It sounded like Amber was being interrogated, the male voice was persistent and Amber was shrilly denying something. Liam could only guess that she was being interrogated by detectives about the accident. So not only did Liam have questions and suspicions but the detectives that had been assigned to the case, knew that Amber knew much more about the accident then she had told to the policemen and detectives that had questioned her about the accident.
Liam looked at Louis with a shrug of his shoulders
"I have told you a thousand of times how the accident accured, but you keep on insisting there is more," Liam heard Amber's voice through the door. He crept closer he needed to know what the detectives say.
" The evidence at the scene of the accident is painting a different story from the one you keep telling!" One detectives voice raised a little it was apparent that he was losing his patience.
"Well maybe you need to go back and look for new evidence, because I didn't do anything!" Amber's shrill voice came through the closed door yet again.
"It's odd that you say that, because we never implied you did anything." Another detective said.
There was a very long silence.
"Now we are giving you an opportunity to come clean, or we will arrest you."
"Arrest me? Are you kidding me, It wasn't my fault if Annie would have just left me at the party, she would have gotten back to her house before her mom got home, but no she had to ruin my fun!" Amber shouted. Things were getting pretty heated between the three. And although Liam couldn't see inside the room, he knew that Amber was most likely sitting up in her bed with her arms crossed and with a scowl on her face.
"There was tire tracks on the road that showed that the car went sharply to the right, then immediately to the left, before it flipped over. We think that you were so intoxicated and wanted to stay at the party that you grabbed the steering wheel jerking it sharply" Liam held his breath, as he heard the detective question her. He really hoped she had not done that.
"I didn't mean to, I just was angry at Annie, I wanted to stay at the party all she was worried about was getting back home before she got caught!"
Liam felt like jumping out of his skin, yanking open the door, grabbing Amber....And!
He felt Louis put a hand on his shoulder.
Liam shrugged off the hand and tried to calm his breathing. He could distinctly hear the detectives reading off the miranda rights. Good she was being arrested. He half walked half stumbled back to Annie's room he could not believe what he had just heard.
Amber could have killed Annie! Louis gave him a worried look.
"Are you going to be ok," he said worried while glancing at Annie sleeping.
"I can't believe what I just heard!" Liam practically yelled.
Louis put his finger to his lips.
"Shhh keep it down you will wake Annie up."