Chapter 10

When we arrived at the hospital, mom looked at me sternly.

"You will cooperate with the doctors and nurses and do what they tell you to do. Otherwise, you will be telling Liam more stuff he isn't going to like.

Mom knew how much I hated doctors, hospitals, and nurses.

I broke my leg when I was eight years old, from falling off a playhouse roof. Still not sure how I got up there, but I did and fell.

When the doctor gave me a shot to numb my leg so he could set it, I punched him.

My mom took the clipboard the nurse handed her to fill out and gave me a warning look. "Remember what I said."

My phone went off and I inwardly groaned seeing Liams name flash across the screen, he was texting me.

Liam: Hi sweety, How is summer school? I hope I'm not interrupting your schoolwork.

I looked at the clock it was 11:00, I knew that if I was at school, I would be at lunch right now, no way was I going to tell him where I actually was.

Me: No just at lunch

Liam: You being good?

I looked at that and felt a sinking feeling, I didn't want to lie to him, but I didn't want to tell him the truth either.

Liam: Annie?

I knew that if I didn't answer him quickly he would get suspicious and I couldn't let that happen, then there would be questions I didn't want to answer and then he would investigate further to find out what I'm not telling him, nope it was better that I lie to me to him and fast.

Me: I'm sorry Liam the signal here isn't too good. I'm being good. Making friends.

I almost laughed out loud when I typed that part. Making friends, here I was holding a bloody rag to my nose and I text making friends, making enemies is more like it!

Liam: Ok good to hear. I will be over tonight to see you.

Tonight? No-no-no. He couldn't see me like this! I haven't come up with a good enough lie to keep him away, ugh this is soo not happening right now, before I could text him back a nurse called my name.

Mom ushered me to follow the nurse. They took X-rays of my face. The doctor informed my mom that my face and nose was going to be sore for a couple of days. I had a hairline fracture on my nose. He gave me a prescription for pain medicine for my head.

I was wondering if they could prescribe pain medication for a sore butt because I know after Liam finds out, I'm doomed!

When we got home, I started going up to my room. "Mom I don't want any visitors, please."

Mom looked at me putting her hands on her hips, "If Liam comes over, I'm going to let him in."

"No mom especially not him. He said he is coming over tonight." I explained.

"Really how do you know that?" she questioned.

"He texts me earlier at the hospital," I said not knowing how much to tell her.

Mom laughed a little with a smirk "Did you tell him where you were, or what happened?"

"No mom I didn't"

"So your solution is to hide away from him, thinking it will all blow over?" she asked arching an eyebrow.

I liked the sound of her version,

"Annie, sooner or later you're going to have to face Liam, sooner is better than later." She said.

I groaned and ran up the stairs to my room, took off my bloody clothes, took a quick shower, got changed into a pair of shorts and shirt, threw myself onto my bed. I didn't want to face Liam or the lies that I told him. I wanted it all to go away. I wish I could push a button and turn back time. I would be able to undo everything I did. And I wouldn't have this impending doom feeling in the pit of my stomach. I guess I was exhausted from everything that happened because I fell asleep, next thing I heard was my mom calling me from downstairs.