Chapter 24

(This chapter is going to be different, it will be told from many different points of view, lots of emotions, and things going on)

(Narrative)

As soon as the dust settled and the car came to a halt laying upside down on its roof, there was an eery quietness with the sound of sobbing. Amber was dazed, and shocked, she didn't understand what just happened, she kept looking to the left of her and all she could see was blood!

"Annie," she said reaching over to shake the shoulder of her friend, she screamed realizing that Annie didn't make a move or a sound and her hand was covered in blood from touching Annie's shoulder.

"ANNIE!" she screamed again panicking after she realized that they were upside down and Annie was covered in blood, it was oozing from somewhere on her head!

She cried for her friend, not the least bit worried about herself.

"ANNIE!" she screamed her name yet again shaking her friend hard despite the blood she was getting on her hands. But still, it was no use.

She started panicking. Where were they? What happened? Then she remembered grabbing the steering wheel and making them lose control. OH DAMN! She caused this! She reached down and realized that her seatbelt wasn't jammed, and she was able to take it off, all she knew was that she had to get help for Annie and fast! She struggled to wiggle her way out of the broken passenger window, she screamed when her hand met crushed glass on the pavement, cutting her hands, knees, and legs as she crawling out. She ignored the blood that started dripping down her forehead, she realized that besides some cuts, scrapes, and now glass in her skin from crawling out of the car, she was unharmed. She stumbled to the side of the street and leaned up against a tree, she immediately started crying, looking back at the crash.

What the hell was wrong with her? Get yourself together she mentally gave herself a talking to, Annie is seriously hurt, if not dead! She looked around at the devastation of the scene, there was glass everywhere, they were on a country road with no houses anywhere, how was she going to call for help!? The loose items that had been in the car were now all over the street where they were flung out, she saw something glittering in the small street light on the corner, she walked over to it and let out a sigh of relief to find that Annie's cellphone had survived the crash, unlike her cellphone that she couldn't find. She turned on the cellphone and dialed 911.

"911, what's your emergency." A females voice came over the line, she sounded nice and too damn calm.

"There's been an accident, my friend won't wake up, there is blood everywhere, please hurry! Amber stumbled over her words, she was sobering up some and choked on a sob, she was still in shock of the wreck and her friend not responding, and she was absolutely losing it!

"OK, please calm down, is your friend breathing?" the 911 operator asked.

"Are you kidding me right now?" Amber yelled, "I just told you she isn't waking up?"

"I am trying to help your friend, I have an ambulance being dispatched to your location, but I do need more information to help the paramedics. If you can go back to your friend and with two fingers I want you to try and find a pulse on the left side of her neck. Stay on the phone with me."

"OK, I'll try," Amber said walking back over to the driver's side of the car, she sat down on the pavement, not caring that again she was sitting on broken glass, she laid down to where she could poke her head into the driver side window. The stench of blood was horrendous and it made her stomach churn, she felt like she was going to be sick! She made herself not think about it, she had to pull Annie's hair back from her neck to check for a pulse. At first, she couldn't feel anything and choked back a sob, then she felt a faint thumping.