Chapter 26

(Narrative POV)

Liam fainted and Louis who was closer grabbed him and eased him onto the floor.

"Hey, buddy I got you." He said to Liam shocked that this was all happening. Annie was going into surgery that very minute with a brain bleed in her head, and Liam had fainted most likely from not eating, stress, and pure exhaustion. The nurse that had been attending to Annie, until they took her away to surgery, was finishing up shutting down one of the machines and turned her attention to Liam. She yelled orders for a bed to be brought into the room, then two orderlies picked up Liam and put him in the bed, he was still unconscious.

Liam slept for what seemed hours which was only an hour. He looked around not knowing where he was for a minute after opening his eyes, white walls? The distinct smell of disinfectant? The low hum of people talking? Where was he? Then it came back to him in a strong wave of feelings, Annie? The hospital? Surgery?

He tried to shoot up out of bed, but as he sat up felt a pounding headache, and a firm hold on his right shoulder, trying to ease him back down on the bed.

"Woah, there, mister, you fainted. Take it easy." The nurse looked at him worried. Liam could care less about himself, he tried to shrug off the hand that still had pressure on his left shoulder.

"Where. Where's Annie?" he almost shouted at the nurse seeing the empty spot where Annie's bed had been.

Louis who was just walking into Annie's room after getting some fresh air walked over to Liam's bedside.

"Hey calm down, we were worried about you." He said apologizing to the nurse for Liam's behavior and indicating that he could take it from there. The nurse turned her attention to getting things ready for when they would bring Annie back in the room from surgery.

"Me, calm down! I want to know where my girlfriend is, to hell with me! Where is Annie!?" he yelled, his voice breaking with emotion at the end of the sentence.

Louis looked forlorn at his friend, he knew he wouldn't be able to hold Liam down forever, he looked at the nurse who was double-checking orders on the computer screen.

"You better tell him, because he isn't going to calm down."

The nurse locked the computer screen, walked over to Liam, and patted him on the shoulder.

"I will only tell you about Annie, as long as you lay back down, take this pill for your headache, and eat what I ordered you for lunch! You have been running yourself ragged! I know you care very much about Annie, but if you don't take care of yourself, you will be no good for her, when she gets better. Now lay down!" that last part was said in a demanding tone, as she stuck a pill in Liam's mouth and gave him a drink of water. Liam had heard only one thing, Annie getting better! So, there was hope! He nodded his head and laid his head back on his pillow. After it had been three hours, and he had gotten rid of his headache, even finally eating a good meal, but he was getting grouchy and impatient!

Zayn, Louis, and Harry had a hard time keeping him quiet and calm, and no matter how much Liam wanted to get out of that hospital bed, he was not allowed to, he glared for what seemed like the twentieth time at Zayn as he held him down in the bed.

"Dude! You need to calm down!" Zayn practically yelled at Liam running out of patience.

The door of the room opened and two orderlies wheeled Annie back into the room. They put her bed next to his bed, and hooked her back up to the machines, and turned them on. Liam sighed in relief.

"Princess, there is someone that is so excited to see you." The nurse said while she added some medication to Annie's IV and checked the fluid levels.

Liam reached over and took Annie's small right hand in his, her head was covered in a bandage, and her eyes were still closed, but she was the most beautiful girl still.