Chapter 9

I woke up to the sounds of people downstairs. I couldn't make out who they were, really didn't care. I groaned and looked at my clock 7 am! It's the beginning of June, who gets up at 7 am in the summer? I rolled over and put the covers over my head. Just as my mom walked into my room.

"Annie, it's time to get up. It's the first day of summer school and you don't want to be tardy."

Summer school man! How did I forget I thought? No, I did want to forget, I wanted to forget everything! I laid real still hoping my mom would think I'm still asleep and give up and leave me alone.

"Annie!" she yelled.

Great, she wasn't going to give up! I rolled over and squinted at her.

"What?" I responded with attitude, I just wanted to be left alone so I could go back to sleep.

Mom narrowed her eyes at me.

"Don't use that tone of voice with me! You have exactly ten minutes to get out of that bed. Shower, brush your teeth, to get ready for summer school."

"Ten minutes!?" I shrieked jumping out of bed. "No one can get ready in that time frame."

"You should have thought about that before you ignored me the last fifteen times I tried to wake you up."

"Fifteen times?" I shook my head thinking did I hear that right. "This is the first time you tried to wake me up."

"Annie, I have tried to get you up since 6:30 it is now 7:10 school starts at 7:45 take this towel get in that shower, and get ready!"

Mom said taking a towel from the linen closet and tossing it at me.

"I'll be downstairs, don't make me have to send up your cute boyfriend." She said as she disappeared around the corner.

Liam? Liam is here? But of course, he is here. He wants to make sure my booty gets to summer school. I growled from the frustration I was feeling and headed to the shower. Thinking why couldn't he just trust me. Well, you did tell him you weren't going. I argued with myself. I still don't want to go, how can I get out of it? I contemplated it while I was showering, dressing, and walking downstairs. I still hadn't come up with any alternative by the time I entered the kitchen.

Liam was sitting at the breakfast bar talking to my mom, he looked up as I walked into the kitchen.

"There you are, It's about time you got down here. I was beginning to think that I would have to go up there and fetch you myself." He said giving me that look I know all too well.

I felt a shiver go up my spine, knowing what would have happened if I hadn't come down on my own. We said goodbye to my mom and I had to promise over and over I would be good before my mom would let me go. We got in Liam's little sports car, he may only be 15, but he is famous. So yes he has his license and his own car. I just wish that the first time we're in his car together is to go for a long drive maybe a picnic, but not driving me to summer school, kind of sucked the fun out of being in his car.

He pulled up into the driveway in front of a large limestone brick building, with high archways with heavy oak doors. A sign on the front said London School for girls. I looked at Liam one last time, giving him my best puppy dog look, hoping it would work on him, it works with daddy. Liam chuckled a little, then raised his eyebrow.

"That's not going to work with me." He looked at his watch, "Better get in there, you got 4 minutes to get to class, and Annie, you better be good, get your grades up!" He gave me a quick hug, and I got out of the car, thinking wow he is surely putting a lot of expectations on me. Too bad he is going to be disappointed, because as soon as he pulls out of the parking lot. I'm out of here!