Chapter 27

Chapter 28

(Liams POV)

I watched Annie as she slept. Wondering when she would wake up, I still couldn't get over the fact she was found upside down in her mom's car! What was she doing in it, in the first place? She knows she can't drive without a licensed adult in the car with her! I had told her, I would take her out driving when I got back from my next concert. I shook my head, she is just too damn stubborn and won't listen to reason, when she gets a whim in her head, no matter how crazy it is, she goes for it head first, and it ends up being something reckless and dangerous. With no thought about herself or others, that is mostly what lands her in trouble. I wanted answers for why Annie was in the car, and I knew where I was going to get the answers I seek. I was finally well enough to get out of bed for little breaks here and there, thank goodness because I couldn't stand being stuck in bed! I was however cautioned by the doctor and nurse to still take it easy and not get too excited or over-exert myself.

Amber had been admitted to the hospital with cuts, scrapes, abrasions, and a concussion. I don't know her very well, only what Annie told me about her, that they were really good friends and hung out together a lot. I knew I needed to talk to her and get some answers, I wasn't sure who was at fault for this accident, but I knew that Annie was not innocent in any way, but I thought that Amber most likely would have had to have some kind of push in that direction, all of there shenanigans were from Amber talking Annie into doing things that she knew was wrong. I found out from the nurse at the nurse's station that Amber was in a room just down the hall from Annie's room, and that she was driving all the nurses crazy, badgering them all the time, asking if Annie had woken up yet, or what the status of her was.

I walked back over to the boys that were writing down lyrics on a napkin to a new song, they seemed to always be working, Niall was always saying, you never know when inspiration will hit, and you have to be ready at all times to write down what comes.

"I'm going to go talk to Amber. I'm hoping she can shine some light on why Annie was driving her mom's car illegally." I say to all of them, watching their reaction. They had all been put in charge of me to make sure I took it easy.

They all expressed their worry about me not getting the answers that I was seeking or not liking the answers I did get and that I would go off on Amber and lose my temper and yell at her.

Louis looked skeptically at me. "Come on Liam, are you sure that is a good idea? We all know how you get when you don't get an answer you like or are expecting. You lose patience very fast, you snap, yell, and worse of all you react, as in spank when it comes to Annie. We are supposed to make sure you don't overdo it!" he said as gently as possible, again watching my reaction closely.

I stopped for a minute to think, Louis was right, I had a bad habit of losing my cool really fast when I don't get an answer, or I get ignored, because someone is refusing to answer my questions, or I don't like the answers I get. How would I react if Amber gives me the cold shoulder? I hated to admit it, but they were right, I couldn't go off on her, no matter what, then I had an idea. Louis had been going and seeing Amber ever since she was admitted to the hospital, it was said by the hospital gossip mill that Louis was sweet on her. Maybe Louis could break the ice for me, and it would be smooth sailing from then, on and I could get my answers.

"Louis, why don't you come with me?"

Louis's face brightened up, and all the dudes expressed that it was a good idea, he could keep me out of trouble. Trouble me? I laughed on the inside, I don't get in trouble ever! I kept laughing silently to myself as we walked down the hallway in the opposite direction from Annie's room. Amber's door was partly opened, and I could hear the low hum of the tv, while she was surfing through the channels, she didn't look our way as we quietly knocked and entered her room.