Chapter 11

"Annie, I have court. I need you to behave and stay in the house. You know you're still grounded. Make sure you finish your math assignment. I'll be home late." My mom said as she rushed around to finish getting ready. She paused when she realized I hadn't acknowledged her.

"Annie!" she yelled.

"I heard you, mom, geez," I said throwing my hands in the air, frustrated about being stuck in the house again. There was so much I could take.

"Can't I go over and see Amber mom please?" I looked at her with the most adorable smile I could make. She usually would give in.

"Absolutely NOT, you know grounded means grounded, you are not allowed to go anywhere!"

I growled loudly and flopped back on the couch scowling at my mother. It didn't seem to phase her one bit as she finished putting on her lipstick in the hallway mirror. She didn't even notice that she was causing me such agony! She grabbed her keys and briefcase, told me she loved me, and left.

I felt like screaming at the walls. I had been cooped up in this house for 4 days. 4 days!, I was going stir crazy, I was going to die from boredom plus my mom has completely changed! She used to ground me then give in when I wanted to do something, but now she is not budging not even the slightest! I had a thought that sounded good, I opened my phone and sent a text to Amber, well if I can't leave the house, then she can come over here, my mom didn't say anything about not having any friends over. We text back and forth, then she decided to come over.

When she arrived, she couldn't believe my nose.

"Annie, are you ok?" she said with concern.

"Yeah, it only hurts a little now, but it's starting to get better."

"Well, I certainly hope you gave that little bitch Desiree, as much as she gave you."

"I got in a couple of punches, I bruised her up pretty good. That will teach her not to make fun of people."

We laughed about the whole thing, watched a couple of movies then we got really bored. Even flipping through Netflix, we couldn't come up with anything to watch.

"Dang it I am bored!" Amber said leaning back on a sofa cushion.

"Me too, but at least you can go where you want! I'm stuck here all day, every day."

Amber sat up for a minute.

"Just because you are grounded, doesn't mean you can't leave the house." I looked at her really puzzled, what was she thinking? I started getting ready to say something, but she held her hand up.

"Hear me out, what time did your mom say she would be back? Is Liam in town?"

"Mom said she wouldn't be home until late. Liam is out of town at a press conference with his bandmates, I have no idea when he will be back."

"Well there you go, you have the perfect opportunity to leave this house and get some air."

I looked at Amber skeptically, should I really try it? It was really nice outside for the London weather, and I wanted to go swimming. There was a new pool that just opened up last week, and I wanted to try it out.

"Give me minute, and I will go put on my swimming suit." I dashed up the stairs to my room as I heard Amber let out a squeal.

" We are going to have so much fun!"

I put on my swimming suit, ignoring the voice in the back of my head. Don't do this, it's a really bad idea, you will get caught! I grabbed a towel and met Amber downstairs.