Chapter 17

I ignored Liam through the rest of our dinner. I still couldn't believe he took my phone. What was supposed to be a lovely evening was ruined by, I thought a minute, no it wasn't just me losing my temper, it was Amy's fault. If only she wouldn't have called me, or she would have called from her own number, I would have ignored her phone call, seeing her name on my caller id. If only she wouldn't have called me.

I sat there fuming with my arms crossed. I looked over at Liam who was still finishing up his dessert. He grinned at me. I felt like reaching across the table and slapping that grin straight off his face. Breathe Annie, breathe, I chanted to myself. I was already in enough trouble to make it worse on myself by losing my temper again. But it infuriated me how he could look so smug after taking my phone!

Liam finished dinner and as we were getting ready to exit the restaurant, a girl in the corner shouted.

"IT'S LIAM PAYNE!!!" Many fans rushed up to him screaming his name and bumping into me, practically shoving me out of the way. When a blonde girl shoved me into Liam, I was able to use the distraction. I took the opportunity and reached into his jacket pocket, grabbed my cellphone, and made my escape through the crowds of girls. I'm usually pissed off at the fans he has, but at this moment I loved them. As I made my way to the door of the restaurant, which was difficult because of the shoving and pushing and crowds of people trying to enter the restaurant to get a peek at Liam.

"ANNIE!" Don't you dare leave this restaurant!" I heard Liam yell over all the commotion.

Sorry dearie, but you're on your own! I thought as I left the restaurant. AWW, the taste of revenge is sweet, I thought as the doors closed behind me. I looked down at my hand clutching my cellphone. It is my lifeline, and nobody and I mean nobody takes it away from me. I really had no idea where I was going, so I just started walking in the direction I thought home was.

As soon as Liam got free from the fans and he had contacted his bodyguards to get rid of the rest of the crowds, as the crowds were thinning out, he didn't see the one person he should be seeing. Annie was gone. He yelled back at his bodyguards, telling them that he was taking his car that they brought, and going to look for her.

One of the bodyguards threw him the keys. He made his way to his car, thinking he would call her to find out where she is. Then he remembered that he had taken her cellphone. Just to make sure he still had it, he put his hand in his pocket. The phone wasn't there. He rushed back inside the restaurant thinking it might have fallen out in the commotion. A quick search by him and several restaurant staff and the phone was nowhere to be found. He could feel his blood pressure rising, there was only one explanation, Annie had to have taken her phone out of his pocket during the fan's commotion and chaos. He sprinted back to his car got in, and told the car to call Annie.

"Calling Annie," The voice in the car said.

Liam listened as the phone rang. "Come on, Come on, pick up!" he said in irritation. When it stopped ringing and went to voice mail, he listened.

"You have reached Annie, If I feel like calling back, I will, and if I don't, I won't!" her voicemail said.

He left a not-so-nice, scripted message. Put the car in reverse and left the parking lot, while still trying to call her again.

I had walked for a good mile or so, my feet were hurting and I wasn't even sure I was going in the right direction, for all I knew I could be walking further away from home. I felt my phone vibrate and I looked down at it, feeling dread creep up in me, Liam was calling me, that only meant one thing. He knew I had my phone. I let it go to voicemail. Well, it didn't take a rocket scientist to know what he was going to say on it. My feet were getting more sore, I was curious about what he left on my voicemail. I walked a little way to a park and sat down on a bench. Taking my sandals off digging my toes in the sand. I called my voicemail and waited.

Voicemail: You have one new message: ANNIE! You are in so much trouble! Not only did you leave the restaurant when I distinctly told you not to, but you also took your phone out of my pocket! Girl so help me when I find you! You better call me back!!

I froze feeling the dreadful feeling once more. What have I gotten myself into? Now I really didn't want to go home, because I knew what was going to happen.

"ANNIE BAKER!"

I jumped hearing my name, without even looking up, I knew who it was.

"Annie, I know you can hear me! Get up, put your sandals back on, and get in the car now!"

He sounded really angry and my conscious which seemed to return to me said I think you need to obey him. Where the hell was that little voice at when Amy called me?

I put my sandals back on and walked slowly to the car. Liam was waiting by the passenger side, and when I got closer he held his hand out. This time I knew he wanted my cellphone. I sighed putting it in his hand as I slipped into the seat, he closed the door. I didn't look at him the whole time he was driving. I knew I was in for it BIG time.

The ride home was deathly quiet, neither of us spoke. I dared a small peek in his direction. His jaw was set, his eyes were fixated on the street. I could tell from his facial features that I had seriously crossed the line.

I started feeling bad, what was wrong with me? He took my phone yet again. I made myself feel angry so I wouldn't feel the dread of what was about to happen as we got closer and closer to my house. We pulled up in front of my house. Liam waited for me to exit the car. I looked over at him confused, why wasn't he getting out of the car?

"I'm not coming in right now, I will be over later," He said without even glancing my way. His voice was still full of anger.

I exited the car and watched as he pulled away. I knew this was not a good sign. I went into my house, shutting the door behind me, crumbling to the floor with my back to the door. I sat there for a while, lost in my thoughts. Wandered into the kitchen, there was a note on the counter from my mom.

Darling,

I had to go to a client meeting. I will be gone for several hours.

I was relieved I didn't have to explain anything to my mom. I sunk down on the sofa and flipped the tv on.

(Liam didn't spank her? What do you think is going on? )

(Vote, comment,)