Part 1, Heartbroken: Reaper x Geno

This is a rewrite of a oneshot I did in my other book (Geno x Reaper) but there wasn't a second part and so, I'm rewriting it and making a second part. I hope you enjoy it.
~~~~~

Reaper was sitting outside, looking at the beautiful night sky. He wished he had his husband, Geno, by him. The only thing is that Geno has been more distant these few days. Reaper's been wondering if it's something he's done or if something was plainingly wrong. 'I haven't done anything different. I've helped him and I've been busy doing my job,' Reaper thought.

He sighed before standing up and heading inside. When he was inside, he saw Goth and Palette talking with one another by the door he had gone through. "Hey you two," Reaper said, giving both of them a gentle smile. They looked at him and both smiled back. "Hey," Palette softly said. 'He seemed a bit nervous, I wonder what he's going to say if he is going to say something,' Reaper thought.

Palette took a deep breath then said, "Is it ok if I stay the night?" Reaper nodded then said, "That's fine with me. Goth, can you go ask Geno and make sure it's ok with him?" He nodded then walked away to the stairs.

Palette looked at Reaper then asked, "How are you this evening?" "I'm alright. You doing good?" Palette nodded then said, "Yeah, I'm doing pretty good actually." Reaper had this feeling why he wanted to stay over. "You're wanting to stay here because of your parents or is it because of your siblings?" He asked.

He sighed again then said, "Mostly because of dad and father, my brothers tease me but I've gotten used to it." Reaper nodded acknowledging what Palette said. From his knowledge, Ink and Error are back together. There also was Pj and Gradient, Gradient being second to oldest and Palette being the oldest. Pj on the other hand was at least one year younger than Gradient. Reaper didn't know Palette's siblings as well as him but he knew that they were nice.

He glanced at the stairs to see Goth walking over. "Dad said it was fine with him," he said, gently smiling. I smiled at him then said, "So, since Palette is staying the night, what are you two planning on doing?" Palette shrugged and Goth gave his father a slight grin. Palette left and went to the living room to sit on the sofa. Reaper gently grinned before leaning down and whispering, "You going to go rough on him tonight?"

Goth nodded then whispered, "Yeah, I can tell he wants to do it." "Maybe snuggle with him then  after a bit, go on and go rough on him." He nodded again before whispering, "Sounds like a good plan to me."

He then left Reaper's side going over to Palette. Goth said something and both of them left the living room to head to Goth's bedroom. Reaper sighed then said to himself, "I should go check and make sure Geno is feeling alright." He went to the stairs and went up them. He went to his and his husband's room. As he did, he heard Goth and Palette laughing about something. Just hearing that made Reaper's soul gently flutter with happiness. Then he got reminded of how Geno hasn't been as or not even affectionate at all. He just wanted to know if it's something he did or not.

He got to their room, he stood in front of the door before walking in to see the bathroom door being closed. He walked over to the door and gently knocked on it. "May I come in?" Reaper gently asked. Geno let out a sharp huff before saying, "No, just wait till I get out of my bath." "Alright, I'll see you then."

He walked over to the bed and sat on it. He pulled out his phone and unlocked it. He saw that he had gotten a message from his brother. He gently smiled then opened it to read what his brother had sent. 'Hey Sans, I wanted to tell you that on Thursday night, I was thinking of coming over and making a nice dinner. Well, if you're ok with that. Anyway, I thought I would text you and wanted to know if you're ok with that.'

Reaper felt himself smile from the message. He knew that his bro always wanted to do nice things for other people. That was two days away when Papyrus wanted to make that dinner. "Yeah, that should be fine," Reaper said to himself. He began to text a message in response. 'Hey bro, that sounds good to me. I'll have to ask Geno and make sure he's ok with it.' He sent it and as he did, Geno walked out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his chest, going down to his knees. Reaper gently smiled seeing him. "It's good to see you Gene, I haven't seen you for most of today," Reaper gently said.

Geno looked at him then said, "Please don't look at me until I get dressed." Reaper nodded and looked away. He laid down then laid on his side, his back facing where Geno's at. After a minute or so, Geno said, "Ok, you can look at me." He sat up and looked at him. He was wearing a white t-shirt and black basketball shorts. Reaper then got up off of the bed and went over to Geno. Geno stil faced the dresser as Reaper came up behind him and gently hugged him.

"How about we snuggle in bed or on the sofa?" Reaper gently asked, wanting some attention from his husband. Geno moved Reaper's arms off of him as he said, "Maybe later." He then left the room. That made Reaper a bit sad. He just wanted some attention because he hasn't gotten any for a while. Like talking with Geno or just snuggling next to him as they slept.

He decided to leave the room and went to find him again. He had a feeling where he went. He went down the stairs and saw Goth and Palette talking as they sat on the sofa. Reaper then went into the kitchen to see Geno looking in the fridge. He sighed then asked, "Babe, why are you being so distant?" Geno closed the fridge then looked at Reaper. "I just want some alone time. That's all," he said, stuffing his hands in his pockets. Reaper had a feeling that his husband was hiding something, he just didn't know.

"Sweetheart, I feel like you're hiding something from me. You know you can tell me anything if it's something that is bothering you if it's some problem happening," Reaper gently and carefully said. Anger rose in Geno, he felt pissed. "Me? Why do you think I'm hiding something?!" Geno exclaimed, anger radiating off of his voice. Reaper began to get nervous, he hasn't dealt with Geno being this angry.

Palette and Goth overheard what Geno had said and now they were listening in to their conversation. Reaper began to shake from nervousness coursing through his bones as he said, stuttering a little, "Well, I was just asking. You've been really distant with me and I-" "Shut the fuck up! I'm so tired of you asking for my attention! Just leave me the fuck alone because I want some alone time!"

Reaper continued to shake and he flinched a bit from how loud his husband's voice was, it was terrifying to be honest. He didn't fully understand how this anger had just exploded from him. 'It's all my fault that he's so angry,' Reaper thought, looking at his hands. He then looked back at his angry husband then said, trying to speak as calmly as he could, "Geno, I'm sorry. I've been busy with work and I just want to spend some time with you." Geno then took his hands out of his pockets. He then grabbed his ring then said, "You know what, I'm done! I'm divorcing you!" He then threw the ring onto the ground and stormed away.

Reaper was shaking so bad that he had fallen onto the ground. Suddenly, he felt something stream down his face. He lifted his hand and touched it, it was tears. He was crying silently, trying to process what just happened. "Dad, are you ok? We heard dad yell at you," Goth said, standing in front of his father.

Reaper didn't say anything; he grabbed the ring and looked at it. It was a beautiful ring. It had a gold band, a medium sized diamond and a few small diamonds on the band. Somehow, the medium diamond, the main attraction of it, was cracked and a small chip in it. He sighed as he leaned down, letting his head touch the cold tile flooring of the kitchen as he felt more tears fall out of his eyes.

"Reaper, are you ok?" Palette gently asked, kneeling down in front of him, concern filling his chest. He hated how they knew that he wasn't ok. He didn't want them to see him like this, so he teleported away.