Harming: Passive Nightmare x Corrupted Nightmare

Just a heads up, Passive Nightmare goes by Night, and Corrupted Nightmare goes by Mare. Just a little thing to say before this oneshot.

Also, mentions of depression, self harm and blood.
~~~~~

A gentle sigh left the king's throat. He was looking for his boyfriend, Night. He's been worrying about him more and more. He knew Night had depression but didn't know it was this bad. It really worried him. Seeing the scars and hearing the horrible thoughts Night has told him really ached his soul.

He walked toward the bathroom, he couldn't hear much but there was something or someone in there. Suddenly, another sound was added...drip...drip...drip. It didn't sound like the faucet because that had a different sound. It sounded kinda slow.

He gently placed his hand on the door, looking at it as well. "Night, are you in there?" The king softly asked. Whoever it was, they tried quieting down. He looked up for a few seconds then back at the door. He knew it was Night in there, he sensed his aura.

The prince leaned against the wall as he covered his arms with the sleeves of his sweater. The sweater quickly got stained with blood. He looked at the pocket knife he held in his right hand. It was so sharp and perfect, how could he not do this when he felt so hurt. It wasn't because of his boyfriend, no way in hell it was. It was because of how bad his depression had gotten, also doesn't help with being reminded about the villagers in his hometown and their doings to him.

He closed the knife before slipping it into his pants pocket. He went toward the door, slowly opening it. There was a small sliver of the door open. "Yes..?" He quietly stuttered out. The king gently looked through what was open of the door, softly saying, "Can I please see you. I'm worried." "Don't worry, I'm fine.." "Are you sure?" "Yes..I'll be fine...I'll meet you in our room.." he quietly stuttered out. "Ok," the king let out with a small sigh, leaving the bathroom and headed toward the bedroom.

The prince let out a gentle sigh before taking his sweater off, he'll have to grab a different sweater. He looked at his arms and saw them covered in blood. There were multiple cuts on both arms. He let out a gentle sigh before continuing what he was doing before he was interrupted.

~~~

The king knew what his boyfriend was doing, he knew full and well. He could sense the negativity from it. It could be cut with a knife, that's how dense the negativity was. It didn't affect him other than he felt really bad for his boyfriend.

He quietly sighed as he pulled the covers over his head. He felt quite tired as he waited.

After a few minutes, Night walked into the room, shutting the door behind him. Mare pulled the blankets off of his head before looking at his boyfriend. Night just climbed into bed and snuggled close to Mare, nuzzling his face in his chest.

"You realize I know what you did," the king quietly told him, rubbing his lover's back. "Oh...you do..?" The prince quietly said, seeming a little embarrassed. "Yeah, I sensed your aura. Did you clean the cuts though?" "Yes, I did....I still don't get how you knew.." "I've known you for the past little while and either way, by someone's aura, I can depict what their intentions are." "Oh...yeah..I forgot about that.."

It fell silent between the two of them as the king kept rubbing Night's back. Both of them just laid there, not saying a word, just enjoying each other's company. Despite the mixed feelings both felt, they still stayed close to one another.

"I'm sorry..." Night quietly mumbled. "Is it because of what you did?" Mare asked, gently humming after. "Yes..." "Thanks but you don't have to apologize. I just worry about you so much and to know you harmed yourself hurts me." Night just stayed quiet as he moved his face more away from his lover's chest and looked at him. "I don't like you worrying about me.." "I realize that but that's the nature of these things. We're a couple and I can't help but worry. I just don't want you to go through the same thing I did." "I know...you've told me many times.."

It was silent again: the king really didn't know what to say. He was at a loss for words. He truly didn't know what to say other than what he's said already.

"Let's just sleep, I'm tired.." the prince quietly said. "Alright but please, please let me help you and for you to not hurt yourself. I want to help," the king gently said. "...you know how hard that is.." "I know but please." The prince fell quiet for a few seconds before saying, "..ok but it's going to be tricky.." "Thank you, I'll do what I can to help."

The two of them stayed close to one another before they eventually fell asleep.

~~~

The cold crisp air is what woke the prince up. He looked around the room to see his boyfriend with the window open. "Why do you have the window open..? It's cold.." he quietly said, still sounding tired. "It just snowed," the king said. "Then why have the window open..?" "To get some fresh air in here." "But there's snow.." "So? This room needs fresh air."

The prince gently mumbled something under his breath before snuggling into the blankets more. "What did you just mumble?" The king softly asked his lover. "I love you but fuck you.." The king let out a gentle snort, replying, "I love you too but you can be too cold about this." "Shush..I want to sleep more.." "Babe, don't give me the cold shoulder."

The prince sat up and looked at his boyfriend then said, "It was ice to see you this morning but I'm tired as hell and your just being plainly icy." The king was quiet before he saw his lover gently smile. They two of them gently chuckled. "But seriously, I do need more sleep," the prince said before adding, "But I want cuddles while I sleep."

"Alright, I'll cuddle with you," the king said, shutting the window. The prince seemed to lightly bounce on the bed in excitement as he boyfriend climbed into bed. He quickly scooted into bed and snuggled close to his lover. The king gently held Night close to him as he let out a small yawn before falling asleep again; his boyfriend soon fell asleep two as they had a comfy cozy time sleeping.

~~~~~
This was a gift/request for a friend.