Part 2, Heartbroken: Reaper x Geno

Reaper teleported to his old home and in his room. He fell onto the ground and laid there. He hid his face in his hands as he curled up. He wasn't expecting to hear the door open as his brother walked in. "Sans, are you ok? What happened?" Papyrus asked, clearly confused but still held worry.

Reaper just shook his head as he cried into his hands. "Sans, come here," Papyrus said, sitting down by him. Reaper moved his hands to see his brother looking at him, and ready to comfort him. He slowly sat up then let his brother hold him in his lap, comforting him. In a way, that reminded him of Geno. When he had a bad day, Geno used to hold him on his lap and say sweet words to cheer him up.

"Brother, tell me, what happened?" Papyrus asked once more. Reaper had never heard his brother call him brother, which took him by surprise. "Oh you know," Reaper started, stuttering a little. "Just my husband wanting a devorce." Papyrus looked at him confused. "I thought you two were happily married." "We were, that was until recently." It was silent between the two of them before Reaper added something. "He just wanted some time to himself, that's all."

~~~

Geno paced around his room, anger still held in his chest. He felt guilt and anger, he felt bad for what he did but also not. "Just give it a few more minutes or hours then you'll really feel bad," he told himself. He couldn't shake this bad feeling that he was getting. Like if Reaper, the god of death, would be dead. That wouldn't happen, right?

He suddenly jumped hearing a knock on the bedroom door. It opened to reveal Goth and Palette. "Dad?" Goth asked. Geno looked at the two of them then said, "Yeah?" Goth was silent, he then whispered something to Palette before he walked away. Goth walked closer to his father then said, "Dad seemed so sad when you made that devorce with him. Why did you do that?"

He was starting to feel more guilty now. 'I was damn right this feeling would stand out from the anger,' he thought. "It was out of anger, I'm really starting to regret it." Goth looked at the floor then back at Geno. "I can't help but to get a bad feeling about him," Goth said, rubbing his arm. "Don't worry, I'll try talking with him to work something out."

Goth was a bit hesitant before nodding and walking away. He headed to his room and went in. He saw Palette in the bed then looked at him. "So, what did he have to say?" Palette asked. Goth sat on the bed by him then said, "He just basically said it was his fault." Palette hummed, then said, "I figured he would say that: I can tell something is eating you up, what is it?"

Goth looked away then back at Palette. "I can't help but to have a bad feeling about my dad, Reaper. I feel like he's going to try something that doesn't seem possible for him." Palette then used some magic to lift and lower Goth onto his lap. He then comforted him while saying, "Hopefully he will be." "Dad also said that he'll work things out," Goth said, resting his head on Palette's shoulder. "Let's just hope that he's able to work things out with Reaper." "Yeah, I hope so."

~~~

Reaper was laying on his side in bed. He was looking at the wall that was closest to his bed. He then lifted his arm and touched the wall. It was cold and a little bumpy. He sighed then lowered his arm. "Geno, if that's what you truly want, then I guess that's what you'll get, a devorce," he told himself before sitting up. He got up out of bed and went over to his scythe. He grabbed it by the handle and looked at the blade. He began to have some depressing thoughts. "Wouldn't it be better if I died? Or if I can because I'm the god of death," he said to himself.

He listened carefully to make sure his brother wasn't listening to him before looking back at the blade again. He gently ran his finger on it before saying, "You never get dull, now do you?" It was pretty sharp for how much it had been used because of his job. He then lifted it and had the blade close to his neck. "Do I really want to do this?" He asked himself. 'What if Geno wants to make up? I honestly doubt it because he's never acted in that way before. He has wanted me to go away but never has asked for a devorce before. Maybe it's something he's had on his mind for a while and now it had spilled out.' He thought.

He inched the blade a little bit closer to his neck. He looked at the door then said, "Bro, if you walk in while I do this. I'm so sorry."

~~~

Geno began to panic as that feeling got worse. He knew it was going to happen. He didn't think it was going to happen but it actually probably will. He quickly went out of his room and to the stairs. He hurried to the front door. He opened it and wasn't expecting to see someone there. It was Reaper's brother. 'Oh no, did he..' Geno thought before going off track to many other things. "Geno, Sans isn't well. He told me some things and I'm really worried for him," Papyrus said, gently wringing his hands out of nervousness.

"Then just take me where Reaper is at," Geno said, trying to hold it together. He nodded then led Geno through a portal to Papyrus and Reaper's home. He then quickly went to Reaper's room. He opened the door to see Reaper facing away from the door to have his scythe by his neck. The blade stupidly close. "Geno, I don't know if you really mean what you said," Reaper mumbled. It was loud enough for Geno to hear.

He felt a tear stream down his face as he said, "Reaper.." Reaper looked back to see Geno. He dropped the scythe on the ground then said, "Are you here to tell me how annoying I am? If you are, I want you to save it." Geno has never heard him speak like this. It made him sad to hear him say those words. From the moment they realized Reaper didn't kill Geno, Reaper was always saying nice things. "No that's not it at all," Geno said, more tears streaming down his face. "Then what is it!" Reaper yelled out. He's never heard him yell either. He really did mess up if Reaper is acting like this.

"I'm sorry for what I said, I was angry. I wanted to scream out and shout and I realized, I took that anger out on you. I wasn't trying to make you upset. Come here, let me comfort you," Geno said, trying to calm Reaper. "Why? Why are you being so nice? After what you've said, you chipped your wedding ring. Isn't that enough to tell me that you obviously hate me?" "I chipped the ring?" Geno said in disbelief. Reaper then grabbed it off of the bedside table then handed it to Geno saying, "Take a look."

Geno saw the crack in the diamond with a chip. He put the ring back on then said, "I was angry Reaps, please just let's make up from this. Goth even talked to me and he seemed really upset about how I acted." Reaper looked at him for a long while before fully letting go of his scythe, letting it drop onto the ground. Reaper began to break into a sob, wiping the tears that had fallen. Geno walked a bit closer then said, "Reaps, come here. I think the both of us need to talk this out but before we do, I think someone wants to know if you're ok." "You're talking about Goth..god, he must be feeling pretty bad."

Reaper let Geno hug him. Reaper rested his face on Geno's shoulder and Geno, he felt the tears stream down his cheek as he gently shook. "I thought you were going to commit suicide even though it seems impossible for you," Geno quietly said. "I was going to but you stopped me," Reaper quietly said, stuttering a little.

"Let's head back home so Goth knows your ok. After we can do anything you want, it could be laying in bed snuggling or eating some snacks, watching a movie, anything you want," Geno said, looking at Reaper. He looked at him then nodded. Both of them wiped their tears before heading through the portal, back to their home. They went through the front door. They walked to the living room to see Palette and Goth. "Goth," Reaper softly said. He looked then hurried to Reaper and tightly hugged him. Geno joined the hug. "Dad, you scared me," Goth softly said. Palette walked over and said, "We thought that you weren't coming back." 'I honestly thought you were going to be dust when I saw you,' Geno thought as he hugged Reaper a little tighter.

"Please don't scare us like that again," Goth quietly said. "I'll try not to," Reaper said.