Gift giving and loving: Cross x Nightmare

The goopy skeleton was walking to his office. He was dreading going in there. He didn't want to do the work that needed to be done but nonetheless, he had to. He walked there in a slow manner but eventually got there. He sighed as he placed his hand on the door handle and opened the door.

To his surprise, there was a wrapped box on his desk. It was wrapped with a dark purple wrapping, dark blue strings, and a dark blue bow on top. He walked toward his desk before he looked at the package more. There was a card on top. He gently grabbed it and opened it. He took the card out then opened it, large glitter particals fell from it. He lightly sighed from that before he began to read it.

'Hey Mare, I wanted to get you something. Oh and sorry about the glitter. Didn't totally think about it until..well..writing this now. Just wanted to be funny with that but besides, I wanted to get you a gift because I appreciate the kindness and love you've shown me. Anyway, I hope you like it. Love you so much darling.' It was signed by Cross.

The king softly smiled as he chuckled. He loved how silly his husband was. "I guess that makes up for the glitter I suppose," he gently muttered to himself. "That is until I find out the gift he got me." He set the card down and began to unwrap the gift, undoing the strings and wrapping paper.

He then opened it. He gently blushed and softly giggled when he saw a little octopus plush. It was soft, a rich purple color, and it had a smiling little face. He flipped it inside out and it changed color and expression. It was a dark grey almost black in color and it had a little angry expression.

He smiled as he set it on the desk. He grabbed the other things from the box. He smiled at the things he was gifted. The other things were black licorice and a brand new book for him to read. He loved how his husband was. He adored him a lot and this just made his day better. "Oh Cross, what do I do with you?" He softly asked himself.

•••

The black and white skeleton gently hummed a tune as he was sitting at the desk in his bedroom. He was writing in his journal. The doctor recommended that to him to help him but at the moment, he didn't know what to write and so, he drew on the page. He softly smiled as he drew characters from shows and games.

He didn't totally realize that he sketched a cartoon version of himself and Nightmare on their wedding day. They were facing one another as they held hands. They were smiling and softly blushing. Nightmare in a beautiful gown and himself was in a suit with a bowtie.

He gently blushed as he closed his journal. "I think that might be enough for now," he gently told himself. He pulled out a drawer and put the journal on top of the sketchbooks he had. He put his pencil on it before closing the drawer. He picked up his phone and began looking through the Undernet, feeling bored at the moment.

Suddenly, there was a soft knock at the door. He looked toward the door as he called out, setting his phone on the desk face down, "Come in!" He saw his husband, Nightmare walk in with a medium sized box in his hands. He walked over to the skeleton sitting at the desk and gently put the box on the desk.

"What's this for honey?" Cross softly asked him with a curious gaze. "Oh well," Nightmare gently started, "I wanted to get you a couple of things because of how sweet you are. Especially with the gift you gave me." Cross softly chuckled as he stood up.

The two of them shared a short but sweet kiss before Cross began opening the box. He widened his eyes as he pulled out a sketchbook. He flipped through the pages as he smiled, it was brand new. "Thank you," he softly told him. "I needed to get a new one soon and so, this is extra special." "Of course," the king gently told him. "There is a couple more things in there."

The Oreo cladded skeleton gently nodded, setting the sketchbook by the box before grabbing the other things. It was some milk chocolate bars and markers for his sketches. He set the things down before he gently hugged his husband. The other hugged back with a soft smile.

"Thank you so much," Cross softly said, gently looking at Nightmare as he gently held him close. "You're so sweet." "Of course love," Nightmare softly said, gently wrapping his arms around him. "I wanted to because of the gifts you gave me and I really appreciate it."

Cross softly chuckled as the two of them looked at one another with a gentle, loving gaze in the eyelights. They then kissed. It was sweet and gentle. It lasted for a few seconds before they both pulled away. They both softly chuckled as they held one another close.

"I love you so much Mare," the black and white cladded skeleton softly said. "I couldn't ask for anyone better." The king softly giggled, gently saying, "You're so sweet. I love you so much too. I adore you so much and I'd do anything to make sure you're safe." "Thank you sweetie." "Of course love."

•••

The couple snuggled close to one another and they didn't want to be away from one another. They didn't speak much, maybe just a few sweet words off and on but mostly just enjoying each other's company.

The goopy skeleton snuggled as close as he could, his nose nuzzled into black and white skeleton's clothed chest. Blush was coating both of their cheeks, they felt a really deep connection with one another.

Cross had his head resting on Nightmare's head as he gently smiled, loving this moment they were having. Even though he loved it, he was getting really warm.

"Honey?" He gently asked. "Hmm?" Nightmare softly hummed. "I need to take my jacket and sweater off, I'm way too warm." "It's alright," Nightmare softly said. "How about we switch into our pajamas?" "That sounds like a good idea," Cross gently said. Both of them slowly let go of one another as they got up and went to switch into their pajamas.

•••

Nightmare giggled as he was getting kisses all over his face from Cross. Cross was sitting on Nightmare's hips as Nightmare's back was laying on the bed. Cross pulled away with a soft chuckle, he loved hearing his husband giggle and laugh like he did just now.

"Thank you love," Nightmare softly said, taking small breaths from being slightly out of breath. "Of course sweetie," he gently replied, gently nuzzling their noses together.

The goopy skeleton below his lover suddenly pulled him into a kiss, his hands gently touching the back of his lover's skull. It was gentle and sweet. It also held a lot of passion. After a few seconds, they slowly pulled away.

"You really want some attention, don't you honey?" Cross softly asked with a gentle smile. "I love attention like this from you so of course I'm going to seem like I want more," Nightmare gently replied, gently blushing more with a hint of embarrassment.

Cross noticed as he gently kissed his blush. "It's alright," he gently said. "How about we snuggle till we fall asleep? Feeling pretty tired." He then gently yawned before he got up and laid next to Nightmare. "Sounds good to me," he gently replied, yawning after as he snuggled close to the other. "Nighty night honey." "Goodnight love."