🥀aeri's haitus🥀

<3

after almost 4 months of hiatus from TXT and idol life, cupids (aeri's fandom) were anticipating something. any news, social media updates, bighit's statements, heck they even hoping dispatch news (f you dispatch). 

the only news they've got was the last live from aeri's instagram where she talked about her mental and physical health deteriorating and explained that she was going to go away for some time for healing. she kept saying don't worry and apologizing for going away. she mentioned how she'll come back when she's ready to face her fans and when her mental health is in a good place.  

the cupids in instagram live had mixed opinions about her sudden hiatus towards the end of 'The Chaos Chapter: FIGHT OR ESCAPE' promotions.

'she's being overdramatic'

'her hype is over haha'

'she was only valid when she was still in wanna one'

'y'all are being so disrespectful. her mental health is important too. '

'i don't understand why she has to apologize'

'We understand aeri-yah!'

In the first week of the hiatus, she was all over dispatch/allkpop news with headlines such as '[BREAKING] Kwon Aeri of TXT, former WANNA ONE member going on a temporary hiatus in the middle of promotions', along with screenshots of her live and her words being used as evidence. some 'fans' were upset with her as she was disturbing TXT's promotions and posted hateful comments about her hiatus. while some of them were very supportive of her, defending her when the other 'fans' calling her out.

her hope slowly breaks apart as she read all the online comments about her mental health, making her slowly feel numb. all the anxiety attacks behind the stage and thinking about her career and how she could go on like this every time. she couldn't sleep peacefully, always waking up covered with sweat, or worst couldn't sleep at all. she depended on caffeine to wake her up most days which worsen her anxiety much more. 

"I'm fine guys. Still alive!", she would say to show her members and their manager so they could continue with their schedule. 

when the company finally saw the reality of one of their idols suffering, they decided to pull her out o the promotions before any scandals about the company not caring about their idols stirred. the news broke through their manager one day and that's when she tried to convince everyone she was fine, soobin stepped in and smacked her with facts.

"Taehyun let me go! PD-nim needs to know that I'm okay! See, I'm fine...", aeri tried pushing the fellow member away who was holding her in a back hug. Taehyun was practically begging her to calm down and listen to them. 

"You're not fine aeri-yah! Look at you, you need this break. please just rest.", the leader pleaded, tears threatening to stream down his face while holding her forearms, preventing her to push him away so she could go to their CEO to take back the hiatus decision. he pulled her into a hug in hopes to comfort her. the rest of the TXT members slowly joined the hug, silently comforting their female maknae.

it was soon revealed to aeri that the TXT members were the ones who reported this directly to the CEO, specifically soobin, being the leader he is. he saw how hard the toll of her attacks taking out on her, and out of all he and yeonjun were always on the lookout for her, afraid she might pass out or anything. 

"I'll accompany her hyung", beomgyu whispered to yeonjun, while taehyun helped her pack her clothes. he knew the risk as he was also stepping out of promotions but he wasn't going to let her go through this alone. yeonjun nodded as a response before going into the room to cheer the girl up.