🙆BESTIE TO THE RESCUE🙆

to all my girls out there, i just want y'all to know that you're BEAUTIFUL just the way you are. you don't need to be insecure girlie!

because everyone is special and unique in their own way. everyone is dalla dalla anyways.

this is dedicated to my girls who is having trouble with their insecurities (like me!)

let's be real, aeri is a girl too. a teenager to be exact. most of the time, she's confident and feeling herself, saying that she's needs no validation from people to think that she's pretty.

but a girl is a girl.

today was one of those odd days where she felt very insecure of herself. covering every inch of her body and her face with a mask, not wanting to even see herself in the mirror.

she would look at other female idols photos and judge herself. criticizing herself for not having good skin, a gorgeous body, hair not always on point, and her thighs. oh how she wishes them to be less thicc. her cheeks which she wishes them to be less chubbier and her jawline, why isn't it sharp like other idols, she asks herself.

a ding from her phone notifies her a text just came in which made her lazily pick her phone from the night stand and opened the text.

BESTIE LIKE LEGIT💞:
heyy aeri yahh, whatcha doin?

she smiled at the sight of the text but frowned when she saw the heart beside daehwi's contact name. he must've took her phone again the last time they met and added the effing heart.

not that she minded though. she loves her best friend/ brother.

AEGI ✌:
heyy hwi~

AEGI ✌:
nothing. I'm just in bed.

daehwi on the other hand was now utterly worried of the girl because he knows that his best friend hates staying put in one place doing nothing.

unless, she was feeling down about something.

"youngmin hyung, do you think i can go out today? like for the whole day?", he turned to his hyung whom now was confused at the younger boy's question.

well, they had nothing to do today so he didn't see any problem for him to go out for the whole day. youngmin answered, "i don't see why you can't. what's the deal?"

"my best friend needs me.", daehwi declared before thanking the older hyung for giving him permission.

daehwi took his jacket, phone and wallet and went out of the agency in an instant. as he left, woojin entered in complete confusion written on his face.

"his ‘best friend’ needs him", donghyun made quotations marks in the air before chuckling along with youngmin.

"he's meeting aeri?"

arriving in front of aeri's dorm, daehwi grabbed the spare key he had and entered by himself.

going straight to aeri's bedroom and knocked on the door.

aeri on the other hand was very sure she locked the front door and for sure, she was alone in the dorms. taking the closest item which was her pillow to act as a weapon, she opened her door and threw the pillow at whoever was there.

"yikes daehwi i didn't see you! I'm sorry!", she immediately helped her best friend up by lending out her hands as he groaned from the hard fall and hit on the face. "seriously aeri?!"

"I'm sorry!", she apologized again.

daehwi forgave the girl immediately as soon as he saw the puffiness of her eyes as if she was crying before. her hands were trembling as well.

thank god he didn't come empty handed. he came with two tubs of their favourite ice-cream flavours and a mean girls movie in his pen drive. he also texted youngmin beforehand that he'll probably sleep over at aeri's dorms.

"you know what girl, imma start this movie real quick so we can get down to business.", daehwi pointed her bed to indicate her to sit down while he went straight to aeri's laptop to set up the movie.

doing all of that, he cuddled up with his best friend, both of them having one tub of ice cream each and well, started to talk with the movie being their background music.

"tell me what's on your mind aeri.", daehwi told her as he scooped some ice cream with his spoon. aeri just shook her head and told him that she was fine.

daehwi knew her that well to see through her lie so he continues, "i know you the best among us aeri so might as well tell me before i go tell--"

"am i okay?", she shocked daehwi with that question. she continued, "like i know i'm not pretty but like am i like okay? do i look bad? do i have to look pretty to impress everyone?"

daehwi was stunned at her questions as this was one those rare moments where aeri was insecure and he knows damn well she need support. not from a boyfriend but from a best friend.

"girl, aeri. tell me, do you think you're pretty?", daehwi asked seriously. aeri replied with a  simple 'no'.

"that's because you're right. you're not pretty.", daehwi stated making aeri's bright face fade slowly into a frown.

daehwi grabbed both her hands and squeezed them, "because you're beautiful. you don't need to impress everyone sweetie. you just gotta impress yourself first."

"also, do you look bad? heck, you're a bad ass! my bestie be stealing hearts of the nation girl!", daehwi clapped his hand while making exaggerated motions in air to prove his words.

"what do you mean "okay"? girl, you're CRAZY!  and that's your charm sis! i cannot imagine you being normal. well, your normal is already weird. but that's not the point.", he rambled,  earning a laugh from aeri which made him happy at his successful attempt to cheer her up.

"my point is, best friend, you're perfect just the way you are. you said this yourself. you don't need good looks to earn love, you need a good heart. and you have that.", daehwi smiled.

aeri literally threw her arms around her best friend and repeatedly saying thank you and sorry for troubling him.

"nah girl, I'll do anything for my bestie.", daehwi patted her shoulder before adding to his lecture, "see that's a smile! good girl!"

"so, let's now finish our ice cream before it melts.", he ended his ‘lecture’ by feeding himself ice cream while aeri did the same.

"thank you again bestie!"

"your welcome bestie!"