Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Something changed at home.

Nag-resign si Mommy dalawang linggo pagkatapos ng libing ni Lola. She just stayed at home and took care of us. She cooks breakfast for us, she irons our clothes for school, she makes sure na pag-uwi namin may pagkain na and she'll do anything that will distract her, in my opinion.

She looks fine outside but I know that deep inside, she's mourning. Daddy never tried to stop her. Pumapayag lang siya sa mga request ni Mom. Maagang umuwi, mga damit na isusuot, ang ulam para bukas. Kung ano-ano pa. Dad is always going with the flow.

"Mag-iingat pag-uwi," Daddy told me and Red. Hinatid niya kami ngayon. Red nodded, nauna siyang lumabas at tumakbo papunta sa classroom niya. Nang mawala sa paningin ko ang kapatid na nagmamadali ay nilingon ko si Daddy.

"You okay, Dad?" Tanong ko.

He looked at me and smiled, "I am. Don't worry about me."

"That's not possible because you are my father and I will always worry about you." I answered him, "Nahanap na po ba yung mga scammer? And kumusta po ang kompanya pagkatapos 'non?"

Umiling si Daddy, "A man hunt is still on going. And the company is fine." He smiled at me, "Now, why are you asking? Wag mo nang problemahin 'to. I can handle it. Walang problema,"

"I'll handle a position in the company someday, you know." I smiled at him.

"And I'm excited to see you do that but for now, this is not your burden to think about. Enjoy your youth." He smiled before leaning and kissing my forehead, "You'll get there, Risela. But don't be a serious adult that fast. A little immaturity won't hurt, you'll regret not being a little reckless once you get old. It comes with life."

I chuckled and nodded at him, "I just want to know how you're doing kasi busy ka palagi. Kayo po ni Mommy? Ayos lang po ba kayo?"

Daddy was stunned at my question and I don't know why. Pero binawi niya ang reaksyon niya bago ako nginitian ulit, "We are, love. Do we make you and Red feel that we are not?"

"Hindi naman po..." Sabi ko, "I just feel like something... is..."

"Wrong?" He asked, "Oh god... nothing is wrong, Risela. We are fine. Your mother is still mourning, in the process of accepting and it's normal for her to change a bit. But we talk about it every night and we are fine. Remember the number one rule at home?"

Tumango ako, "No one is going to sleep until a problem is not yet resolved."

"We will always do that." Daddy said, "I promise."

Inilahad ko ang pinky finger ko kay Daddy. It's an old habit of ours to intertwine our fingers and stamp on each other's forehead when we make a promise. Daddy laughed, "You are still a baby. I can't believe that you already have a boyfriend."

Humalakhak ako, "Okay, change topic."

"If you see Tain, invite him for dinner." Maayos na sabi ni Dad, "Sige na," He said, "Umuwi agad ah? We'll have dinner."

I nodded and kissed his cheek before going out of the car.

Siguro nga tama si Dad. Hindi, alam ko naman talaga na tama siya. Natatakot lang ako dahil nararamdaman ko pa rin na may mali. I can't lose my parents. They are my world. At sana, nagsasabi ng totoo si Daddy. Sana maayos siya at maayos sila.

"So what's a good product to advertise?" Rory asked. May groupings na naman kami and this time, we have to think of a product na iisipan namin ng tagline, product name at tv and radio commercial.