Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Risela Andra Sim is... typical.

Typical in a way that she will just do whatever she wants. She will wear whatever she wants. She will say her thoughts and opinion if she wants. She will not let other people affect her that much.

She grew up in a very loving family. A strict but understanding mother, a father who can be a friend at times, a playful and smart brother. They were perfect. People envied her so much. Because Risela's life is really perfect. May mga tao na mayaman ngunit walang atensyon galing sa mga magulang. Meron ding mga tao na maraming pagmamahal ngunit kapos sa pera. But Risela, she has both.

She learned how to love at a very young age. She also learned how to get hurt, learned how to forgive, learned how to remember.

And then one day, she lost everything. The oceans washed that life away.

Ngunit sa kabila ng pagtangay ng dagat sa mga buhangin na nasa dalampasigan, pilit pa rin itong bumabalik. Because that's how life is, it will just go round and round. Time will just repeat itself. The sun and moon will just rotate over and over again.

And what is lost, will return.

Risela Andra Sim is home.

I am home.

"Risel!" It's mom's voice and I know that she's calling my name out. But my vision is still blurry. Ang tanging tanaw ko lang ay ang kisame at ilaw. Naramdam ko ang pagdaloy ng luha mula sa aking mga mata papunta sa pisngi.

It was such a long dream.

"Risela!" It's Daddy's voice this time. Unti-unti ay luminaw na ang aking mga mata at natanaw ko sila nang malinaw.

"May masakit ba?" Mommy held my hands. Her hands are warm, guarding me from the cold, "Risela... I was so scared... Mommy is so scared..."

"Mommy..." I uttered.

"Yes, Risela..." She answered, "Mommy is here..."

"I remember you." It's an almost whisper but she still heard it. Nagbago ang ekspresyon ng mga mata ni Mommy. Her hands slowly eased its hold to me, as if she lost her energy.

"What?"

"I remember you." Tumulo ang luha ko.

"Jaeyun..." She stood up, "Call the doctor... Oh my god..." 

Dad rushed outside the call the doctor. Pagbalik niya ay kasama na niya ang mga doctor na tinawag. They checked my vitals and consciousness. At ang iba pa nilang ginawa ay hindi ko na alam kung para saan.

"Risela..." Tawag ni Mommy paglabas nila, "Do you really... remember me?"

Kaming dalawa lang ang nasa kwarto. Dahan-dahan akong tumango. Hindi ko rin alam kung bakit at paano. I just woke up with so many memories in my head, like it's just dream.

Pero hindi. Hindi ito panaginip, dahil ang lahat ng memorya na nasa utak ko ay nararamdaman ko rin. I am really in those places. I was there.

"Naalala mo na ako?" She covered her mouth and sobbed. The disbelief in her reaction is evident, "Naaalala mo na ako, anak?"

"Mommy..." I cried.

Yumuko si Mommy sa kama habang hawak ang kamay ko. Her cries filled the room until Daddy returned. Tahimik na binuksan at isinara ni Dad ang pinto ng kwarto.

"Kahit isang segundo, hindi namin naisip ng Daddy mo na wala ka na..." She sobbed and looked at me, "We know that you are just out there and we will see you again... I'm sorry that it took us years... you must be so scared to be out there with nothing, not even your memories."