Chapter 3

"Penelope."

"I'm not going." I say as I sat back down. "I am not in the best place right now."

"What you expect me to say?"

"I beat up my wife and she doesn't look very pretty right now." I say cutting into my pancake. It was afternoon but here we were eating breakfast. He just stares at me across the breakfast table.

"And when they ask me why I can just let them know... my wife is cheating on me fucking other men like a whore in a diner." He says as he ate his food.

"Fuck you Harrison." I say putting my fork down getting up.

"Sit back down Penelope." He says.

"I'm not going. That is final. You can make up whatever excuse you want." I tell him.

"Where you going?" He asks.

"Im going to get my stuff and then meet my friends." I tell him.

"Penelope." He says rubbing his eyes.

"If you dont agree with my choices. Then send those divorce papers my way. But I am going to be friends with Carter, Stass and Danny and this time around they will be part of my life." I tell him before I leave.

I hear something smashing as I close the door.

I head to Carter and Stass office as fhey wanted to show me new space they had and how their business was going. They were doing so well for themselves it was amazing.

"Hey!" I say looking at the two in the conference room. The place was huge with a lovely modern feel to it.

"You made it. Thought you forgot." Carter says and I shake my head. I sit in the big chair.

"Im so proud of you guys." I say swinging in the chair. "Big bosses."

"Thanks we got this place last month. Still settling in." Stas says.

"So what apps in the development stages now?" I ask.

"Well... a few. We have a new game coming up and we also have a new fitness app."

"Fancy." I say and Carter chuckles.

"So where did you disappear to this morning?" He asks and I look at him. Cant believe fhe big bosses are wearing sweats and hoodies to work.

"Well... I went to the house and saw Harrison." I say and they both just look at me.

"Why?" Stas says. "I have this event im supposed to go to with him tonight but cant go to obviously. So we were just figuring out what to do."

"Okay." Stas says. "Did you talk about anything?"

"Were just trying to work on things." I say ripping off the band aid.

"You okay?" Carter asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask him.

"This man nearly killed you Penelope." Stas says. "Fuck. You are not seriously going back?"

"Its not that easy guys. We been married 6 months. I dont want to be that girl who was married 6 months. Its like Kim Kardashian 72 days all over again."

"And youve known him a year." She says and I sigh. "This time round its different."

"You going to disappear again?" Carter says

"I promise its different this time round. You will be stuck with me for life." I say smiling.

We have dinner together and I go back home around 10 oclock. Harrison didnt call me once. I was more nervous than when he did used to blow my line.